Thread: Micromax A90 Smartphone coming with Android ICS

Micromax A90 Smartphone coming with Android ICS

I just found in a news that Micromax is releasing a new phone with Android ICS. Till yet whatever phone I am using I am quiet satisfied with that. But I had found that Micromax devices lacks a good battery support. That can be due to Android, as this is a common issue with every Smartphone running on Android. Compared to that phones running on Windows and Symbian provides a better traffic.

Re: Micromax A90 Smartphone coming with Android ICS

That is quiet nice I think. I had tried to find the specification of the same on but there was nothing mentioned. It looks this product is yet pending to release officially. But I hope Micromax had also added something better to boost the device performance.

You can find a image of phone o web. It is a full touchscreen phone running on 1Ghz processor. The best thing about this device is that it has a 8MP camera. Along with one on the front side which is 0.3MP. That is quiet awesome. But Micromax did not put much pressure to provide a good amount of ram. This lies around 512MB only. I was hoping to get atleast 1GB on the same. Because ICS is a quiet resource intensive operating system. It also needs a additional video memory to perform well in the market. Other features of this phone are 3G, Bluetooth 2.1, wifi, gps, etc. The battery is just 1600mAh.

Where you cannot expect much performance. I am sure using this phone we are not going to get a battery more than 4 to 5 hours. I have just purchased a tablet of ICS from Micromax. ICS has too much things which drains power. First there are number of services that are associated with updates. They run continuously in the background making the device a bit complicated to perform at good ratio. Second the net surfing is another one which is quiet more resource intensive. I hope there is some tweak I can do to make this tablet response better.

You are correct with the battery performance. This issue does not just lies with Micromax, but other smartphone also. My brother owns Galaxy S3 and quiet annoyed with the battery performance. He surf a lot, play games and watch videos which drain out the entire battery before 4hrs.

That is reason I purchased a travel charger. I can charge my device anytime. It is quiet portable and easy to use. Now if we check for some popular products then we are having Android ICS only in Micromax devices. It looks other companies had not attempted to work on new operating system. There is a reason for that. The hardware optimization is not easy. It is possible to port ICS on any device, but what matters is performance. The hardware and battery optimization. When I tried to find some ICS smarthpone, I found quiet a costly devices. One among them was by Huawei. It prices was above Rs.15,000 while this phone A90 is expected to launch around Rs.9999.

So that is the one thing that Micromax has good in it. It provides rich features phones at reasonable rate and the devices are quiet long lasting. It has became a trusted brand compared to others. I am egarly waiting for this device to release finally in the market. Because news sites can provide you assumptions mostly. The price is even not intact.

I am too waiting for the same. I want to see all details on the official website instead of any other. They give you assumptions mostly. The phone is expected to get release this week. We can assume to find a better phone this time.

I am a bit confused with this. Some say this phone will have a 8MP camera. That is quiet not possible to get in a budget of Rs.9999. If yes then this is the only phone in market that offer you such high camera possibility and you must buy that blindly. I tried to find the exact info on it. Some says that this phone will have 5MP camera only on the back side. There is on other camera. I do not know how got that information. 4 inch screen, wifi, 3G, bluetooth, etc are all correct. About internal storage it will be around 4GB while you can expand that to 32GB through a microSD card. The battery is around 200mAh.

There are number of differences in specs that I found on web. Somehow I was shocked to find a 8MP camera listed on above post. That is quiet not possible but if yes I found love to buy the phone. Loaded with minimum 1Ghz processor, I hope the phone would be able to handle ICS performance. About the price it would be around Rs.13,000. But still I am not sure about the exact info. Lets wait for the official site to publish information on it.

This would be another device that Micromax is releasing after Funbook Pro. Somehow it has good products, but yet a bit unfaithful for trust. I had found many guys saying that the device offered by Micromax are mostly China phones.

What I know is Micromax has become a trusted brand in India. There are ample of devices which are sold and yet because of them we are able to get Smartphones on cheaper rates. Even if you go for a phone between Rs.2000 to Rs.3000 it is possible to get a touchscreen phone, a multimedia phone, etc. This was not yet possible before where China phones were sold on high ratio.

Those phones are alien and has not after sales support, while Micromax offers you service center to get fix based on any issue. So to some extent the brand is trusted and offer you better devices.