Thread: Nexus 7 screen turns black while watching full screen videos

Nexus 7 screen turns black while watching full screen videos

Couple of days ago i received my Nexus 7 tablet though i booked it a month ago. Anyway, thats not a problem. I must say this tab is very good with enough good features and performance except one. It is while watching full screen video. Problem is not with the videos saved on SD card but with online flash videos. Whenever i play any video online from browser or youtube app it works fine but as soon as i make it fullscreen, my screen just go black. Is it hardware problem ?

Re: Nexus 7 screen turns black while watching full screen videos

That problem is obvious. because you might be knowing that Nexus 7 is running on Android 4.1 Jelly bean and it doesn't support Adobe Flash. And when you play online video, it use to be usually flash videos. hence, it might be creating problems.

But i dont think the problem should occur with Youtube application. Are you trying to play video from youtube application or from browser youtube ? I'll suggest you to play it from application itself, it will work. I am using Nexus 7 and i stream videos from youtube app.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer View Post
    That problem is obvious. because you might be knowing that Nexus 7 is running on Android 4.1 Jelly bean and it doesn't support Adobe Flash.
    But i dont think the problem should occur with Youtube application.
    Thanks for the help friend. I just came to know that JB wont support Flash and hence the problem occurs while playng flash videos from browser. But as you said Youtube application should work, i am getting the same problem while playing from YouTube as well. Unless i click on the fullscreen, videos steam well but suddenly black screen as soon as i click on fullscreen i cons. Please help.

Than you should simply try re-installing Youtube app or resetting your devices to factory settings. There is surely problem with any of these two. If you want to reset Nexus 7, simply backup all your contents and apps, there are various apps available on Google Play for the same. Once done, go to settings and tap on reset factory settings. Later restore all your data and see if you get the same problem again. It should be fixed because me too having Nexus 7 and i dont have such problems. You can also contact or leave a message to google play store from where you bought, they will fix it if they can or you will get replacement for the same.