Thread: Is anyone planning to release Ubuntu Tablet PC

Is anyone planning to release Ubuntu Tablet PC

Ubunut is another great operating system. It is far more better if it is ported to Tablet PC. I had seen a news which says that Android is already affected by thousands of malware. So you cannot expect that as safer platform. But if some tablets can work on Ubuntu or better Linux distro then we can expect a bit more from them. In both performance and security point of view.

re: Is anyone planning to release Ubuntu Tablet PC

There is no news on that. We had till today, never notice a Linux smart-phone and you are talking about a tablet pc. There are many manufacturers but they do not think about working on Linux. If you get Ubuntu type operating system on tablet then it would be far more better.

Ubuntu will give a more secure platform on Tablet. For those who are serious about working on tablet needs a stable and supportive operating system. Android works on Linux kernel but it is not so supportive. The major issue is malware. There are tons of infected application on Google Play already. I am trying to find a way by which I can install Linux on my tablet. I would love to wipe off the rom and remove Gingerbread completely. The last I had tested just gave me the theming and menu. Else nothing was like Ubuntu.

Why manufacturers or not working such a bright operating system. We have Linux Mint Maya also with us. It is another rich operating system with cool looks and performance. I am sure tablets if come with integrated keyboard can work on Linux smoother in comparison to Android. While there is no indication in news which tells about any upcoming Linux tablet.

There is a tablet pc edition of Ubuntu released long before. I do not understand why that was not adopted. If we have right option to install Ubuntu then this would be easier to configure on Tablets.

Yes I had saw the same. You can run Ubuntu on tablet. I had seen the configuration guide. But how it actually works. I am trying to locate a stable tablet pc edition of linux distros. It does not matter if it is Ubuntu or mint. I just need a stable version that can work easily and will not cause any issue. There are number of things that we have to check so for.

First thing the gui is very simple compared to Android. It is less resource intensive with pc level features. Android restrict your usage to many things. You have to depend on the app features to perform a task. While if there is Ubuntu then we can do a lot more thing. There is a fully functional terminal that can help us to make major modification and perform number of changes. If you need to work on Android through FTP then we have to rely on some third party sites. I also do not find safer to provide my login access on Android.

Re: Is anyone planning to release Ubuntu Tablet PC

Linux distros are fine and better. They offer you a much simple support on configuration of Linux. It is not at all complicated to handle. But there is no way we can get it work properly on Tablets. Compared to them you can use it on Ultraportable.

Archos provides you a tablet on which you can dual boot Android and Linux. This is the only brand I found yet. But the tablet lack better hardware support. It looks very traditional and simple. It is a Internet capable tablet that is designed and made for those people who are serious about working on tablet. If you are a programmer you can create your own applications and make the best environment for your system. Linux operating system is loved by many. And especially on a portable platform this is a book. Android is nothing but a modified version of Linux which is optimized to work on portable platform. Linux works well on a system that is capable of running on 1Ghz cpu support.

Archos 101 is a web tablet which offers you many connectivity easily. You can hook a bluetooth keyboard on the same. It supports usb connectivity and comes with camera alss. It reads the usb connected hard drive very easily. There is HDMI port also available. The cpu support is 1Ghz only. If you need a valid tablet for linux support then look for Archos.

Archos is a good tablet to some extent it is not better. You can look is for serious business purpose. Anyhow I hope to find pre-installed Linux in some of the latest tablet pc. I am too looking for the same.

Within 2 years we can expect to have to some best Linux tablets. There are certain manufacturer that are working on the same. In 2014 there were news which state that there will be new linux distro tabs with much better support. Today Android is the most comfortable platform yet seen. Now Windows is coming on Surface which better interface and support. There are very less manufacturer which are planing to port Linux on tablet.

So there are chances to getting a better and secure interface. There should be modification but the same OS must be ported with similar interface. While Android is entirely different. It is being optimized and modified to make it more comfortable for usage.