Thread: Factory Restore App for Android tablets

Factory Restore App for Android tablets

Which is a good and reliable Factory Restore App for a Android device. I install a number of app because of which I have to restore the phone once again. I do that from settings to restore back to factory. I need some quick app that can restore my phone with some default app.

Re: Factory Restore App for Android tablets

You can do that through inbuilt features. First turn off the phone and then press the volume up + center key + power button. The center key is the button which is located below the home screen. This is the common way of restoring factory settings back again.

The best software is Titanium Backup PRO. This is one of the best tool I had seen. First restore your phone to old settings so that all unnecessary apps are removed. Once factory settings is done, install the most recommended applications and install Titanium Backup PRO. Run the setup and in that you can choose the settings what you want to restore. The tool provides you a single click restore. The tool also restore sms and mms along with your wifi settings.

So you do not need to worry about the restoration. You must only run the backup if you had done all the settings that are needed. The tool offer you a number of backup apps and data restoration facility. You do not need to run factory settings again and again. Somehow this is best for restoring applications on your need. The tool can also access your phone rom. So your data and OS settings are not lost at all.

If you get the pro version you can receive auto updates which makes this software more reliable. Other than this there is a option through which you can encrypt your private data also. So it is not just a restoration software but more than that. At the time of restoration there are number of options you can go for. You can choose what to restore and what to not. You can store your data on cloud also.

Titanium Backup is best tool. If you do not want to for Pro edition then there is a free version also. I had used this before on my phone. It provides you single click easy restore. But do not forget to have backup of your contacts on phone sim.

If you search on Google Play, then you will find a number of backup and restore applications. But nothing works like factory restore. The inbuilt factory restore can be accessed for Android boot menu. You just have to select the restore, and wipe all the data from it. This is the best option you can go for. And it is easy also. For app stuff, you can do one thing, you can keep all the setup inside your phone memory. Factory restore does not wipe out memory card data. But still for safety you can remove the card and then run restoration.

It happens quiet quickly. For advance restore option you can use a backup software like ROM Manager, My Backup Pro, HTC Thunderbolt Restore, etc. There are number of tools that you can go for and they are far more easier to configure. Somehow among the number of apps that you have, Titanium Backup is quiet better. But to get advance option you have to look for the paid version. The regular one gives basic support only.

I am hoping to find a tool like iTunes. In iOS devices you can simply restore the entire operating system through iTunes. This makes your device more faster and better. While in Android we cannot get any kind of PC Suite software support. Also you can install apps through iTunes. I hope there would be some kind of tool for Android also.

Compared to software, manual way is more better. Because in software you have to depend on a application and whatever backup is generated it consumes a specific amount of space inside your external memory. If you are using a 2GB card then that would not be enough. If you have photos or music or videos then restoring through software can play with your data also.

At that point if you remove the memory card, the restoration will not work. Because the backup data is stored on the memory card. While if you use the manual way by pressing different keys, which is the special key combination to run factory settings, you can get a better OS. It is clean and you have to everything from scratch. There is no way to make a android system faster through app support. I had also seen some app which claims to boost the performance of Android device. But they are worthless.

I am using Titanium Backup. It creates a backup file which I keep on my pc. I remove the same from memory card, because the backup file has a quiet large space. I had tested a number of settings and found that this is the only best tool that you can use to restore Android devices on software level.

That would add more time in resetting. Every time to restore your phone, you have to insert the card. This really not worth enough. The best part of using default options is that it does not touch your phone sdcard but wipes your contacts and sms stored inside the phone memory. The default option is present in Menu > Settings > Privacy > Factory data reset.

In that you get a option to wipe SD card or not. If you enable the option the all the data in memory card will be deleted. Just tap reset phone and done. There are certain cleaner type tool that you can use. It wipe out the phone cache boosting the performance to some limit.

There are number of apps that are configured for backup and restore. This only deals with phone content like sms or contacts. You can do nothing much on that. While if you are talking about factory settings then that is entirely different thing.