Thread: When JellyBean update is coming for Android 4.0 ICS devices

When JellyBean update is coming for Android 4.0 ICS devices

Android 4.1 is out for Google Nexus tab. Will it be available for ICS (Android 4.0) devices. I have a tablet which runs on ICS. I had seen video for JellyBean and after going through number of reviews I found that this is a much better OS and has improved battery performance. I want to install this.

Re: When JellyBean update is coming for Android 4.0 ICS devices

JellyBean update is only available for selective product. This is officially released through OTA update. You cannot just install that in any tablet. Unless and until your manufacturer does not provide that update officially this will not at all work.

Many had tried to install JellyBean directly which had caused system failure.

It is correct JellyBean update is not available for all devices. I had seen some budget tablet in the market which comes with ICS but yet they have option to update JellyBean. First of all remember that JellyBean does not comes with Flash support. You can only use flash till ICS. And there is on emulator yet provided. I had checked in many tablets. There is also no modified version provided which we can directly install on your tablet. This is a bit risky because the system can brick. The last update that I saw was provided for Samsung Galaxy 3. JellyBean has better interface but also the same is recommended for high end devices. JellyBean needs a better processing power and good video support also. The last device that I saw was Micromax Funbook where a user has attempted to install Android 4.1, but he failed eventually. Because that did not worked well. Rightnow only Google Nexus is one the best device that you can go for. It is well optimized with powerful battery life and robust body.

Google Nexus is fair enough according to me. It is a powerful device which is a bit shock proof. It is recommended that you must go for a better device instead so that you can use that in future also.

You can download this type of OS directly from Android-x86. From there I had downloaded and tested ICS on my pc and it worked well. Also I tried to install that on a smartphone, but it failed as I was not having the right firmware. JellyBean update will only be stable if that is provided by the manufacturer itself or else it will not at all work. There are were rare devices who got update from Gingerbread to ICS. It looks that there is still some issue with configuration of updates among different Android version. We have to stick with what we are having right now. It is not all complicated to manually install Android but there are chances that some of your phone hardware might not work. Mostly the network chip is affected. Also there is no way to dual boot the phone with two different operating system.

What you are talking is a kind of advance thing. You cannot dual boot a phone unless and until it had pc type features. Unfortunately I do not think JellyBean update will be released for any older device. You have to use what you have right now.

There are only Samsung and HTC devices in the market which provide JellyBean updates. None other are support. While in table Motorola Zoom receive the same. Tab A100 is another tablet which is receiving the same thing. It is not at all complicated to run the updates. If you are not having any of those devices then simply forget to use JellyBean. If you try the same via patching or rooting then there are less chances that your system will work or not. I had seen some users have successfully installed ICS on some older devices but the screen is too laggy.

ICS needs a good hardware support and on those devices where it is configured I am sure JellyBean will also work. What we need is the right patched operating system for the same. It is not all complicated to do that. If there is some tools like we found for iOS devices then adding a new operating system is much more easier.

JellyBean does not has great addition other than a good voice support and accessibility options. I had tested both the OS. One thing I noticed that JellyBean is more responsive. Your touch and other things are quite active.

For both OS ICS or JellyBean you need a good system hardware. Or else they are worth not using. And when a product is released in the market that has new OS then it is simply optimized for that. You cannot just install that on your own. On some china phones I had risked to install a old version of Android, but that did not worked at all. I am also trying to find the right guide that can provide me information on configuring JellyBean on atleast some new devices which are released with