Thread: Unable to install APK since installed 'Screen Filter' on Nexus 7

Unable to install APK since installed 'Screen Filter' on Nexus 7

I finally received my Nexus 7 last week and am very happy with its features and everything. I can say that it is worth at its price set. Anyway, am here to discuss a problem i faced since i installed an app from Google play called "Screen Filter". have anyone else use it ? It is bit useful for eyes and for saving our battery. But there seems to be some problem too. I dont if screen filter is the reason for that or something else, but since i installed screen filter am just unable to install any .apk file on my Nexus 7. Though i keep tapping on "OK" nothing happens, only Cancel button works. What should i do ?

Re: Unable to install APK since installed 'Screen Filter' on Nexus 7

I have not used it yet, actually came to know about this app just now. Will try it today. As far as your problem is concerned, i checked the reviews of Screen Filter on Google play and found that about 15k people have voted it 4.5 plus rating. I dont think there would be any such problem with the app. Otherwise they would have also reported the same. So, i think there would be some other reason.

As a workaround what i can suggest you is simply uninstall the application and then try to install some other apk (as you said above) and see if you are able to click ok. If its working, well and good. Simply download and install Screen Filter again and check again installing apk. You will find the exact reason. Till than i will also try installing it on my Tab today.

Well i dont think there any such problem screen filter app. Rather it works great on my tablet. I guess there would be any such problem with your device itself. But as you said the problem started after installing the same, just un-install it and see if your device is working properly.

If you found that Screen Filter was the cause of problem than as an alternate you go with "ScreenDim". It is also a very good application for the same purpose. This app is actually paid but if you want you can try out its trial version. Download it from here.

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    As far as your problem is concerned, i checked the reviews of Screen Filter on Google play and found that about 15k people have voted it 4.5 plus rating. I dont think there would be any such problem with the app. Otherwise they would have also reported the same. So, i think there would be some other reason.
    yeah, you were correct Maq. It was not the app behind the problem, it was my device itself. I just backed up everything and restored to factory settings. Restored the backup and now though Screen Filter is installed i can press the OK button.

And as Orlando suggested, i also installed "ScreenDim" and tested. That too works great but as it is paid i will go with Screen filter itself because there is no more problem with it. thanks for your helps.