Thread: Unable to tether Lumia 800

Unable to tether Lumia 800

I was using Sony Xperia X10i and other Android phones before sony, all were having options to enable Hotspot. Last week i got a Lumia 800 as a gift at a occasion. Unfortunately i given my Xperia to someone else that is regretting me now. Lumia is a great phone, no doubt, but the only and biggest drawback is there is no built-in option to tether the phone. Very sad .

Now as tethering is very important for me, i would like to know is there any other way or any kind of tweak/hack to tether Lumia 800 ? If yes, please let me know soon. Thank you.

Re: Unable to tether Lumia 800

That’s true, Nokia Lumia 710 and 800 doesn’t have any built-in option for tethering. But it is possible make it capable for the same officially. You don’t need any hack or tweaking for the same. As you said you got the phone last week itself, it should have been with tethering option but if it is not there, you must know that Nokia unveiled a new firmware update last month for both Lumia 710 and 800 that contains the tethering option. You should simply get that firmware updated and you problem will be solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy_To_Help View Post
    That’s true, Nokia Lumia 710 and 800 doesn’t have any built-in option for tethering. But it is possible make it capable for the same officially. You don’t need any hack or tweaking for the same. As you said you got the phone last week itself, it should have been with tethering option but if it is not there, you must know that Nokia unveiled a new firmware update last month for both Lumia 710 and 800 that contains the tethering option. You should simply get that firmware updated and you problem will be solved.
    Thanks for the info buddy. That sounds very relief. Can you please tell me which firmware is that and where can I get the same ? Also let me know how to update this firmware on my Lumia 800 ? Thank you again.

The firmware was launched on 27th June actually. It contained lots more features including Hotspot tethering. But the problem is that this firmware is not yet released for every Lumia 800 or Lumia 710, also not in every country. So what you need to do is better go to your Lumia 800’s settings and check for update. If you got it well and good Or else you will need to wait for more time. Fore more info on this, better check out this Nokia Article. http://www.nokia.com/global/support/...r-nokia-lumia/

Quote Originally Posted by Kadmiel View Post
    So what you need to do is better go to your Lumia 800’s settings and check for update. If you got it well and good Or else you will need to wait for more time.
    Even I was having the same problem. Needed tethering option on my Lumia. One of my colleagues suggested about this update. When I went to my phones settings to check for any available update, it shows me update available but when I connect my phone to Zune, it is saying my phonies up to date. What should I do?

Are you registered on Zune ? if not do it and check for the update again. If you still get the same problem, better reinstall Zune on your system. If the new firmware is not available for your device it should not have displayed update on your phone as well. Also I would like to make you know that this update can be done only via zune. While launching the update, Nokia also mentioned that this will be released in weekly waves. So you need to keep checking availability for your phone. If it will show up on Zune, than only you will be able to get this update. So better check it again next week.

I have a similar question to this. I was not aware that Lumia 710 and 800 are not having tethering options. It is really shocking for me. Anyway, am about to buy a Lumia 900 next week. I want to know whether it has tethering options or not ? If not, or if we need to go through these update processes, I’ll not go for it. Will better buy some Android phones.

Good news for you, eRMA. There is no such headache for Nokia Lumia 900 and 610 devices. They come with built-in Tethering features.