Thread: New Software update for Lumia 800 ?

New Software update for Lumia 800 ?

Hey guys, i need a bit small help from you all. Though am a Nokia user since long time, i need some info about Nokia Lumia 800 as this is my first ever Windows Phone. Am using 800 since last 3 months in the same condition as i bought it, never did any update or so. Could you guys please let me know if there is any new update available for the same ? Also let me know what new features will i get and how to actually update the new software on this phone. Thank you.

Re: New Software update for Lumia 800 ?

Yes, there was an update released by Nokia on 27th June, 2012. To confirm whether it is available for your device or not, you should go in your handset settings and check for update. If it is available for you, it will display on your screen. If it is there, Download and install Zune software on your computer. You can download Zune from here.

Once installed, connect your Lumia via cable to your PC and go to options, find Software Update and click it. Application will first search for any available updates and give you option with update button. Simply click on the same and you are done.

Quote Originally Posted by senses-controler View Post
    Also let me know what new features will i get and how to actually update the new software on this phone. Thank you.
    The new update is really worth. It contains some very useful features such as portable tethering. Now a days most of the users require hotspot features to share their internet on their iPad or other devices. Nokia 800 was missing the same but finally it is possible here as well with this update.

There are many more features included with this update such as Flip Silencing, Ringtone volume control, many performance improvements and second most important – A new camera application. After this update you will be able to do many more things with your Lumia camera such as smart group shot and self-timer, Contacts share, Play To, a DLNA app, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaloka View Post
    Yes, there was an update released by Nokia on 27th June, 2012. To confirm whether it is available for your device or not, you should go in your handset settings and check for update. If it is available for you, it will display on your screen. If it is there, Download and install Zune software on your computer. You can download Zune from here.

Once installed, connect your Lumia via cable to your PC and go to options, find Software Update and click it. Application will first search for any available updates and give you option with update button. Simply click on the same and you are done.
    Thanks for the info guys. But I have a problem here. I searched on web and there are many websites who confirmed the release of this update. Also as you said this update was launched more than a month ago, still when I connected my Phone with the computer it is not showing any software update available? What could be the problem?

There are many more Lumia users who haven’t got this update yet though it is officially released. There are some conditions behind it such as region, Lumia build, etc. You can get more info about the same here Unable to tether Lumia 800