Thread: News Reading app for Smartphone

News Reading app for Smartphone

I am looking for some best news reading app for my smartphone. I have the add the same to other devices also. The issue is that I have iPhone and Android tablet. So there are less chances. I get a common app for both. I have to add one at the tablet which will be viewed by my uncle. Can anyone suggest me some good applications.

Re: News Reading app for Smartphone

Go on Google Play. There is a free app called as Pulse. This app provides you new reading on your tablet screen. It works on all android devices. It is a nice app which can simply help you to view your favorite news app very easily. You just need to tap on the article to read it. It has a nice view and is simply not at all complicated ot handle. You can add and remove content as per your need. There are some popular websites which comes pre-configured in this.

I can also list you some free apps that you can go for. They are gReader, NewsRob and Google Reader. You can choose any of them for news reading. They work only on Android devices. I hope you can find a iphone version of Google Reader. I have a Android smart phone in which I use gReader while in tablet I had installed Google Reader. While using gReading I found some features which are not quiet found in others. Like you can simply insert the RSS feed and you can keep a separate space for your favorite websites. You can sync this application with Google Reader.

So in your device you can sync then with each other to get the same updated information on both. There are settings through which you can enable Auto Synchronization. There are some customization feature by which you can make the app more user friendly. I am not sure about the others but this app support Podcast. So if there is any media content you can view the same. The developer has added a reading option in this. The app can read text for you if you want. You can use the backup and restore button on the app to take the backup of existing settings.

Pulse is also available for iOS. You can use the same on iPad or iPhone. It is better if you use single app for both the devices. It would be easier for navigation and setting purpose.

NewsRob is one of the best news reader according to me. The pro version will cost you $5.75, but there is a free edition of this application on Google Play.It also features autosync support with Google reader and you can configure rss on the same. It is not a complicated app, but quiet very simple to use. The sync and other things work in the background.

It works on minimum resources. You can also operate this app when you are not at all connected to any network. So in short the app gives you offline new reading support. Remember that there is a difference between the free and pro version. There can some limitation you will notice in the free edition. Right now you can download the same from Google Play and test the same. You need a good internet connection get feeds easily downloaded. Mostly it show you the text which does not consume much bandwidth.

For iOS devices maximum application which are good is payable. There are very less free apps which can give you full support. You can check for AOL editon for iPad.

It is not right. There are some apps which are best and free for iOS devices. Among them is SkyGrid. This app is made for ipad mostly for news reading and getting updates for latest stories. It is design to give you a much natural experience in reading. The news are arrange in the from of thumbnail with easy scrolling. It offers you to search news on the basis of topic you are looking for. The app is mostly a kind of web platform where you can surf web news and get many information.

What I like about this app, is that it has a very nice interface. It is not also complicated to configure. With multitouch support you can simple get a nice combination of feature on the same. I am sure you can test this out and will surely like it.

There are many apps that you can go for. But you have to put some time is finding the right one for you. Some of them is AP Mobile, The New York Time App, CNN Mobile, LiveStand, etc.

There are many cross platform app that you can go for. I can provide you some of the most compatible apps that you can use in many devices. Among them is Taptu. This app works on many smart-phone os. It offers you a clear reading news reader experience. You can also take benefit of different type of quick features more easily. There is one more app which is quiet similar to this. It is called as Fluent News Reader. This app provides you a more broader way to read news as per your interest. It is quiet easy to operate and configure.

I will recommend you to check for FLUD once. This is one nice app according to me and you can find that on multiple platform. You can locate FLUD quiet easily on your mobile platform.