Thread: Unable to download anything from Market on Lumia 800

Unable to download anything from Market on Lumia 800

I have been using Lumia 800 and things were working great by now but from some says when I am trying to download anything from the market then I am getting an error message saying “Your windows live id is unavailable at the moment. Please try after sometime". I don’t know what’s wrong? Is there something wrong going with the Market or there is something wrong with my phone itself?? I have been looking after a solution for the same all over the web but I have not yet come across any solution yet. Is there anyone who can help me out?

Re: Unable to download anything from Market on Lumia 800

That seems to be weird, I don’t think there might be anything wrong with the marketplace but there is something wrong with your live id account. Just try changing the password of your account and see if you are able to download anything after that, best of luck.

I will suggest you to try out soft reset, if that doesn’t makes any difference then you will have to try out restoring your phone to factory defaults. You can refer to the below steps for performing soft and hard reset.
    • Soft Reset: Hold down Volume Down and Power keys and wait till the phone vibrates three times. Release the keys after the third vibration.
    • Hard Reset: Turn off your phone and hold Volume Down, Power and Camera key at the same time and wait till the phone vibrates. After vibration Release Power key but hold Volume Down and Camera key for further 5 seconds. Upon reboot your phone will get restored to factory default settings.

Note - Before trying out the hard reset method make sure that you are backing up your crucial data from the phone as they will be get erased.

I have faced the same error on my Lumia 800, it seems like a common issue with it. I was having worse case than yours, I was not even able to browse internet on my phone using Lumia 800 internet explorer. Whenever I am trying to download or upload any application from market place then I am getting an error saying “Your windows live id is unavailable at the moment. Please try after sometime". I have checked out the internet settings and have also contacted my isp as well but they just said that there is nothing wrong from their end and I will have to trouble shoot it from my end. By now I have tried out all the possible solution that I could have like resetting the internet setting, resetting the phone, changing the password of my windows live id but no avail. Anyways I have found a temporary solution for end the browsing issue, that is using UC browser or QQ browser but I am still looking out to fix the above mentioned error. If you get any update on this issue then let me know as well.

You can count me in as well for that issue, I have come across people who have reported the same error to their official support but there has not been any response from them yet. Like you all I have tried resetting the network setting and have tried out resetting the phone as well but that’s not appearing to be helping. Other than this I have tried updating the software of the phone as suggested by some experts but no luck yet. I am not having any issue in browsing with Lumia 800 internet explorer but I am just not able to download or upload anything from market place.