Thread: Microsoft Surface tablet releasing with Windows 8 operating system

Microsoft Surface tablet releasing with Windows 8 operating system

Couple of weeks ago when Microsoft announced the release date of its upcoming next generation OS Windows 8, many windows users already started preparing their system for the new windows. Today, there was one more announcement made by Microsoft. They announced release date of Surface tablet as well. Fortunately, Microsoft Surface tablets are also releasing on the same day with Windows 8, i.e. October 26th, 2012.

For users information, i would also like to mention that Surface tablet will be available in two variants, Microsoft Surface and Microsoft Surface Pro. Out of these two, only Surface will launch on 26th Oct, pro version will reach the market later sometime.

Re: Microsoft Surface tablet releasing with Windows 8 operating system

Thanks for the update friend. I am too happy to know finally Surface is just 3 months away. I am waiting for the same sing ling time. Now, as you said "Surface tablet will be available in two variants, Microsoft Surface and Microsoft Surface Pro" and only the normal Surface is releasing on 26th Oct, i would like to know what is the difference between these both Surface variants ? What is extra in Surface Pro ?

Re: Microsoft Surface tablet releasing with Windows 8 operating system

There will be two types of Surface tablet, First, an ARM based tablet. This is just named as Microsoft Surface tablet. This will be released on october 26th and the price expected for the same is to be between $500 to $600.

Other variant is the Intel x86 based Surface that will hit the market 3 months later. and expected price for this is $1000. There is not much difference between these two apart from the processors..