Thread: 16GB SD Card freezes my Asha 302

16GB SD Card freezes my Asha 302

I am having a Nokia Asha 302 and I did not had any issues with it until inserting a 16GB SD Card. I don’t know what’s wrong with the phone, its specification says that it is expandable up to 32 GB but I can see it dying with a 16GB SD Card. My phone keeps on freezing when I am accessing anything from the memory card. Even though I have inserted a 16GB SD Card I have hardly filled 10 gb data in it. Is there anyone who has faced the same or there is something wrong in my case only??

Re: 16GB SD Card freezes my Asha 302

No it should not freeze like that, I just wanted to know if you have tried out performing soft reset and hard reset. If not then give it a try and see if the issue is getting solved. If you are not aware of the steps required for reset then you can refer below:

Soft Reset: First Hold down Volume Down and Power keys until the phone vibrates thrice. After the third vibration just release the keys.

If the freezing issue does not get solved by soft reset then you can proceed with Hard Reset.

Hard Reset: Turn off your phone and hold Volume Down, Power and Camera key simultaneously until the phone vibrates. Release the Power key after vibration but keep holding Volume Down and Camera key for 5 more seconds. On reboot the phone will be restored to factory default settings. Just make sure that you are backing up your personal data as they will be getting erased.

There are chances that there might be something wrong with the memory card, if you have some other memory card then you can test your phone with that. If you don’t think there is anything wrong with your 16GB SD Card then you can try out removing applications or other data that you might have installed recently. Sometimes freezing issue arises after transferring some corrupted application and data in the phone. I am not sure if you might be having that case but these are some basic things that one should check out in such cases. Just check out and let me know what you find.

In that case I just wanted to add that I have tried out the above reset tricks and I am not getting any help from those. My phone still keeps freezing while playing song, video or accessing any kind of data that directly or indirectly resides in SD Card. I have tried using a couple of 16 GB memory cards which were having 8 to 12 gb of data but I am getting same response from the phone. I am quite sure that there is nothing wrong with the sd card as they are working just fine in other phones, it seems there is something wrong with the phone. I have also tried removing recently installed apps and have reduced up to 2gb of data but no avail. Is there any solution that I can try out further?? I am just running out of ideas now, further help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Have you tried formatting the sd card and then using it with the data that you were having on it?? I am not sure if that will make any difference but formatting such sd cards before inserting them in mobile phone is sometime recommended. I also wanted to know what happens if you use 4gb or 8gb card??

I am aware of that and I had formatted the sd card before putting it in my phone. As I have mentioned above I really don’t doubt the card to be the culprit. I have tried using a 4gb sd card and it was working fine with it, I have not yet tried out 16 gb card as I don’t have it right now. I have checked out regarding a solution for this in some other forums and have come across some mentioning that they had resolved the issue by updating the software of the phone. Unfortunately I did not have any luck from that solution as well. I have updated the phone software and I am still going through freezing issue. I will better get the phone checked from it service center with the same card tomorrow, hope they will fix it.