Thread: Lumia 900 not booting after battery drain

Lumia 900 not booting after battery drain

Something went wrong with my Lumia 900 last night, actually the phone was running out of battery and I was damn tired. I did not cared and slept like that leaving the phone, this morning when I got up I found the phone turned off. Since then I have been trying to charge it and get it working, I don’t know what’s wrong the phone is booting up till rethink possible and after that it reboots. This thing happens in loop and I am just not able to get the phone working anyhow. Is there anything I can try out further rather than taking it to the service center??

Re: Lumia 900 not booting after battery drain

I have checked about the same and have come across some others who have faced similar issues. Some guys have mentioned that this is some kind of bug in the phone. I am not sure but I think that there is something wrong at the battery end, since Lumia 900 is having a non-removable battery I don’t think there is anything that you will be able to try out further. You can try leaving it in charging for some hours and check out if you are getting luck after sometime or not. If that does not help then you will surely have to get your phone checked at its service center.

A non-removable battery was the very first hesitation that I had while buying the phone but I ignored the same as I was very impressed with the phone features. I really did not thought that I will be running in to such issues just after a couple of months. I am just so disappointed with Nokia, I have kept it plugged in charging for more than 2 hours continually but no avail, it keeps rebooting like that all the time. I don’t want to damage the phone completely so I have kept it unplugged and I am thinking of visiting the service center.

Before visiting the service center you can try out the below reset methods and see if you are getting any luck with that.
    1. Soft Reset: Hold down Volume Down and Power keys and wait till it vibrates thrice. Once it completes third vibration release all the key and see if phone boots well.
    2. Hard Reset: First turn off your phone and hold Volume Down, Power and Camera key at the same time until phone vibrates. After vibration just release the Power key and keep holding Volume Down and Camera key for 5 seconds. If everything goes properly than your phone will get restored to factory default settings and it should work fine.

I have tried performing Soft Reset and hard reset both but unfortunately they are not making any difference in my case. Even I think there is something wrong with the battery but I can’t check that out. It seems as if the phone it getting dead, it’s still under warranty that’s why I am having hope. I will try to get it replaced rather than getting it repaired. I will be visiting Nokia service center this Friday, so until then if there is any other solution that I can try out then do let me know.

This has been a common issue my friend, Soft Reset and Hard Reset have helped out some people in such cases. Since they have not made any difference in your case you are left with no solution further. Better get it checked as soon as possible, you will surely get a replacement for it but you will probably have to wait for some time. I don’t think they will send you a replacement for your phone in a day or two.