Thread: Using Android phone as Wireless webcam

Using Android phone as Wireless webcam

I am not sure whether it is really possible or not but have seen a guy (my neighbor) using is Android mobile as a Wireless webcam. Well i know how to use it as a normal webcam from this Article but i want to know how can we make it Wireless. I want to experience it as it seems interesting. Thank you

Re: Using Android phone as Wireless webcam

Yes, it is now possible to use your Android Smartphones as Wireless webcam. A app developer has launched an application on Google Play named "IP Webcam" that helps you to make it possible. You just need to install this app on your Android device, configure few settings and you are on.

You can do this connecting your smartphone with the home Wireless network. You can roam in your house (within wireless range) and show whichever area you want on webcam. If you want to download the app, just click here. Hope you will be able to do the configuration settings, if not, let me know.

Re: Using Android phone as Wireless webcam

Quote Originally Posted by stephenx View Post
    Hope you will be able to do the configuration settings, if not, let me know.
    Well, i do need your help buddy. I download the app on my smartphone but i dont know where the cam will show up after connecting it with WiFi. In the app description i found that we can use it with "MJPG software, including video surveillance software, security monitors and most audio players." But i am not able to understand what exactly that means. Can you please help me out ?