Thread: Compatibility of MSI GT-683R with 5.1 speakers

Compatibility of MSI GT-683R with 5.1 speakers

I have a MSI GT-683R laptop with me and I usually take it from my home to office. So in my whole day, I usually have to carry my laptop to two different places. The problem is that at my home I have Logitech speakers and in office, I don’t have any speaker. But many times it happens that when I connect laptop to the Logitech speakers, it detects it as headphones or sometimes as the 4 channel speakers. Can someone tell me why this is happening?

Re: Compatibility of MSI GT-683R with 5.1 speakers

One reason for this problem can be that you are not connecting the pin of your Logitech’s Speakers in proper slot resulting in conflict between recognition of devices. I don’t know which region you live in and manual that you got with your MSI GT-683R laptop is in which language. But if you have manual in English language then you will find that on page 2-16, the audio slots are properly displayed.

Check if you are plug-in your Logitech speakers in right slot or not. With the four audio slots facing towards you, from left, the first lot is for headphones, the second is for microphone, the third slot is for line-in and the last one is for line-out. So your speakers should go in the last slot, which is line out. I am posting a picture of the laptop’s audio slots. The slot in extreme right is for the speakers.

Re: Compatibility of MSI GT-683R with 5.1 speakers

If even after connecting the speaker in right slot, you are getting the same problem as the speakers being detected as headphone or 4 channel speakers, then I think that you must be using the Audio manager that is malfunctioning. I suggest you to uninstall every audio driver and install them with proper updated versions. Then again install the Audio manager software and then try out the whole thing.