Thread: Power LED of MSI GT780DXR giving wrong colors

Power LED of MSI GT780DXR giving wrong colors

I am using MSI GT780DXR laptop which I use both at home and in office. I am using it from past one month and I have noticed that while charging the laptop the color of the LED which represents battery is always of orange color. When the battery goes down and it’s time for charging the laptop back, the LED starts blinking with orange color. While clearing the drawer of mine, I stumbled across the manual for my MSI GT780DXR laptop. While I was reading it, I found that there it was mentioned that when battery is being charged, the color of LED will be blue. But the LED glows blue only when I have turned on the Bluetooth. Can someone tell me what it is, I mean is my laptop’s LED working right is the manual printed wrong?

Re: Power LED of MSI GT780DXR giving wrong colors

I don’t think that there is anything wrong with the manual. When the battery is charged, then power LED should burn with blue color. Also when the laptop is switched to standby mode the power LED should glow in blue color. The orange color in the power LED is seen only when you have not connected the power cord properly or the laptop is not getting power supply properly. Another time when the power LED burns in orange color is when the power supply is in turbo mode.

When power gets full when charged in turbo mode, then the power LED turns red in color. Also when charging in eco mode, the LED turns green in color. I think that you should try changing the charging mode for your laptop to normal; I think his is the problem.

Re: Power LED of MSI GT780DXR giving wrong colors

If you think that there is some fault with your laptop, you can take it to the service centre of the MSI and ask the concerned person about it. You can also take a photo of the LED in various conditions, like when charging in eco mode, turbo mode and in normal mode and send them to manufacturers. See to it that you also send photograph of the purchase bill and warranty card. The manufacturers will analyze the problem. If anything wrong with LED, MSI will replace it with proper one.
    One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.