Thread: Opera Mini 7 working very slow

Opera Mini 7 working very slow

Hi, i just upgraded my opera mini to the latest Opera Mini 7.0.3 on my Android Samsung Galaxy S5360. Installation went fine but when am using this browser, i felt it working slower than its earlier version. Am on the same network, same handset, but sites taking long time to load.

Is Opera Mini 7 still under testing ? Does anyone else notice the same what i did ?

Re: Opera Mini 7 working very slow

Nope, I dint felt so. Are you sure installation went fine? Also If yes, you should try installing it again. Because am using the same v7.0.3 and it is working fine with few new features. Alsoi would like to suggest there should be some problem with your internet connection. It happens many times, you get some broken pings in internet due to network signal or some other reasons. You should wait for some more time and see if the problem gets resolved.

No such problem on my mobile/opera 7 as well. Which site are you trying to access ? Are you trying access the same site or various sites, are all those loading slow ? If you are trying to access any one site and you saying that opera is slow than it is wrong. That particular site server would be responding slowly.

Also I would l like to say that Opera Mini is a server based browser that actually sends a message to the Opera server when you try to load any website and in return server just sends the display of the page on your mobile. So there could be some problem from Opera’s end as well. Hence, you should wait for a day and see if you get any progress in the speed. If not, simply re-install it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
    Also I would l like to say that Opera Mini is a server based browser that actually sends a message to the Opera server when you try to load any website and in return server just sends the display of the page on your mobile. So there could be some problem from Opera’s end as well. Hence, you should wait for a day and see if you get any progress in the speed. If not, simply re-install it again.
    Thanks for the info friend, but re-installation as well dint fixed my problem. Though i noticed a bit speedup but it is not how it was working with mini 6. What else can i do to fix it ? One more thing i would like to add, i am a Nokia E63 as well and installed Opera Mini 7. Comparing the speed on both devices i found that E63 opera is working good. I can say that it is bit faster than before. Than what could be the problem with my device?

There could be just one reason for the same. AFAIK, Opera mini uses encrypted connections. It uses SL algorithms (256-bit RC4, 1280-bit RSA, and SHA-256) encryption whenever I sends or communicate with the websites. So in these process sometime or on some platforms Opera may take bit more time that leads to slower browsing on your phone.