Thread: Create custom LED notifications with ‘Light Flow’ Android app

Create custom LED notifications with ‘Light Flow’ Android app

There are some people who prefer phones which are capable of LED notifications. I mean, LED is so much important for them. For such people, I found an application on Google Play called “Light Flow”. Its simply amazing. Once you installed this app, you can customize LED notification colors for each application. For example, green color for missed calls, yellow for emails, blue for SMS, and so on.

There are many more features you get with this app such as you can assign notifications for No signal, Gmail, Gtalk, Low battery, Voice mail, Calendar reminders, Facebook, twitter and many more applications. The best I like about this app is along with the Led lights you can also assign sounds and vibrations. That also with further customization for Sleep mode and charging mode.

This is really must have applications if you are addicted to Led notifications. I just installed it on my Sony Xperia X10i and is working completely fine. “Light Flow” is available in Free as well as Paid version. You can try the free version before purchasing the app if you are satisfied. If you want to download, here is the download page.

Re: Create custom LED notifications with ‘Light Flow’ Android app

Hey thanks for the info friend. That seems to be very useful for me as well (as you said few people depend on led notifications, I am the one of them). I have downloaded the same and installed on my Samsung galaxy S3 but facing some problem. As you said we can assign custom notifications for many applications, am stuck doing the same but yet no success. can you please tell me how to do that ?

Well for doing that you need to launch the Light Flow application, click on notifications and here you need to add the applications. You will also find the settings here to set custom colors as well for any particular installed app.

The application is actually very tricky and hence I dint liked it, frankly. For example, if you need to assign led for Charging, low battery or missed calls you don’t need to launch the Light Flow application and go to tools or so, instead you need to go to the device settings, tap on Device and under device you will find an option called ‘LED indicator’. You need to tap here and you will see those three options. There are many such confusing and difficult settings. They should have made it bit simpler….rest all is fine.

Well me too disappointed with the same. I installed Light Flow Lite 2 days ago on my phone but it seems to be useless. There is no effect of this application on my HTC Wildfire S, it is still showing up the just default LED lights that I have with my phone. I tried all settings and customization but yet the same result. Don’t know how people have rated it 4+.

Quote Originally Posted by Loyd View Post
    Well me too disappointed with the same. I installed Light Flow Lite 2 days ago on my phone but it seems to be useless. There is no effect of this application on my HTC Wildfire S, it is still showing up the just default LED lights that I have with my phone. I tried all settings and customization but yet the same result. Don’t know how people have rated it 4+.
    Well dude, did you read the limitations mentioned right below the App description on Google Play from where you downloaded it? If not, you should always read the bugs and limitations of any application you downloading. Anyways, the Light Flow developers have clearly mentioned over there that Light Flow may not work properly. They have also mentioned that most of the HTC devices must be rooted to use Light Flow. Also remember that you must have selected ‘direct mode’ in the settings to make it work properly. So, now you know what you need to do. And I hope developers make the app work normally in future without rooting and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Orton View Post
    And I hope developers make the app work normally in future without rooting and all.

I don’t think this is a bug of the app. But yes, you can call it limitation for sure. And this limitation is just because of the lack of hardware in most of the HTC phones. I am using HTC Nexus One and the app is working fine. Though it is rooted, but it is working without direct mode, providing complete customization options and all colors.

I found that most of the positive response came from the users having Galaxy S3, Xperia 2012 series, HTC One X and such phones. That clearly states that the app requires high end devices to work properly. This is where developers should work more.