Thread: How to unlock bootloader of LG Optimus 4X HD?

How to unlock bootloader of LG Optimus 4X HD?

Hey guys, need some urgent help from you all. I have ordered a LG Optimus 4X HD for myself. Actually booked it just couple of hours ago on an online shopping site. Now the problem is I heard that it comes with locked bootloader. And as far as I know unless and until we unlock the same we wont be able to root the device. Also any Android device without rooting is not much useful. So I want to know is there any way out to unlock the LG Optimus 4X HD bootloader ?

Re: How to unlock bootloader of LG Optimus 4X HD?

That sounds something new for me. I dint have LG Optimus 4X HD till yet (have ordered, will be receiving soon) but i nowhere found that it comes with locked bootloader. As far as i know HTC is much interested in making locked bootloaders, but never heard about Samsung or LG. i am telling this because i was in huge problems with my locked wildfire S bootloader because it was not allowing me to move my applications to SD Card but i dont think you have any such problem here.

Also, if we consider once that 4X HD is locked, than what is the problem ? I mean, still you have 16GB built-in storage.

Its a long procedure. And remember that if you do it wrongly your phone might fail to boot. I am going to give you a essential set of steps which will help you fix the problem.

Steps to unlock bootloader of lg optimus 4x HD
    • Connect your device to your pc in software mode.
    • Launch CMD and in the terminal type - adb reboot oem-unlock
    • The second command you have to type is - cd ~/android-sdk/platform-tools
    • Then type - adb reboot oem-unlock and hit enter.
    • After that on your device press the Volume Up button. This will wipe the data partition.
    • Disconnect the phone and remove the battery.
    • Insert the back back after a few second and boot your device.

That is a half process. And it is not really for lg optimus 4x HD. New models by LG are more simple to unlock. This phone require a proper driver to pass on the command. A number of time it does not detects whats going on the pc. For proper unlocking you need the right adb drivers. And that is not easy to find for all kind of devices. I am looking for some internal process like installing a CWM on the same which can automatically unlock the bootloader. Yet there is no process available for LG Optimus 4x HD.