Thread: unable to delete a folder in Nokia 2700 classic

unsure unable to delete a folder in Nokia 2700 classic

Hi friends, I can't delete a delete a folder from phone memory of Nokia 2700 classic. Tried deleting the folder by reset the phone to factory defaults reinstall the firmware. Also, tried unlocker software used for windows os...still the folder is there.

error " unable to delete this folder "

any help will really be appreciated.

Re: unable to delete a folder in Nokia 2700 classic

Have you tried to use the reset code that will restore your phone back to factory settings, the code is - *#7370#. Also check with any antivirus software in your mobile phone to see, if it is not corrupted by any infections. Reinstalling the firmware should have removed that folder, I wonder how come it didnt?
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by bon-z View Post
    Have you tried to use the reset code that will restore your phone back to factory settings, the code is - *#7370#. Also check with any antivirus software in your mobile phone to see, if it is not corrupted by any infections. Reinstalling the firmware should have removed that folder, I wonder how come it didnt?
    Yes, I have tried the reset code and that doesn't work. It deletes all the contents of the default folders like images, etc. I don't think there is an anti virus for Nokia 2700 and I'm not sure if we have one..Can you pls suggest me some anti virus compatible??

Indeed, nokia 2700 is a very old phone and it only supports jar type of files, and there arent any antivirus software made for it, but one thing you can do is, connect the phone to the computer and then scan the mobile phone with an antivirus software installed on the computer. Other methods you can try is download softwares like Secure Wipe and install it on your pc and then connect the phone to the computer via pc suite and permanently delete that annoying folder.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Quote Originally Posted by bon-z View Post
    Indeed, nokia 2700 is a very old phone and it only supports jar type of files, and there arent any antivirus software made for it, but one thing you can do is, connect the phone to the computer and then scan the mobile phone with an antivirus software installed on the computer. Other methods you can try is download softwares like Secure Wipe and install it on your pc and then connect the phone to the computer via pc suite and permanently delete that annoying folder.
    Bro..can you name any software for secure wipe? also is there anything needs to be done before firmware installation? As I thought the installation was not done correctly

Quote Originally Posted by bond19 View Post
    Bro..can you name any software for secure wipe? also is there anything needs to be done before firmware installation? As I thought the installation was not done correctly
    Secure wipe is the name of the software man, you can download it by searching it from google. And how did you come to know that the firmware installation was not done properly? There should be no interruptions when installing the firmware in nokia mobile phones done through the Nokia Software Updater, since new firmware files are downloaded directly from the nokia servers and any interruptions can permanently damage the phone as well.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

Actually, firmware was installed by one of my friend and he mentioned long back that smething was happen while he reinstall the firmware due to my internet prob on that time and he mentioned that the phone is working fine. Also the link which you have provided doesn't have any file...

Ok, so what you can do is now, again connect the phone to the computer with more than 50% battery charged and then launch nokia updater and choose to reinstall the firmware again completely and do not disconnect or do anything untill the firmware reinstalls, just make sure about it. And the Secure Wipe file you can download it from here.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's