Thread: Is it possible to encrypt phone calls on Smartphone

Is it possible to encrypt phone calls on Smartphone

I am looking for some options by which I can encrypt my calls. First I am looking for a device that comes with features. It does not matter if it is a Android, or Windows or Blackberry phone. I need option by which I can encrypt them. I think Android might be having that functionality. But using third party apps is safer. I tried contacting the telecom provider about this. They said there are not such service, and if you need the same then you can try blackberry phones.

Re: Is it possible to encrypt phone calls on Smartphone

There is a company called as Secussmart. This company has released a microsd card to encrypt your phone calls. It comes with sd card and cpu support so that it does not depends on your phone memory to carry out the function. All you need is insert the sd card in your phone. The tool inside the sd card is capable of encrypting your voice and sms also. The only requirement to use this tool is a good internet connection. Because it uses some technology to replace your call over voip. Without a good wifi or 3G connectivity the tool cannot perform well. I am not sure if anyone has tested this or not.

The app does not supports iphones but work well on Android and Blackberry phones. It is recommended that you must go with Android. The tool protects your phone calls through 180-bit AES encryption so that it is not leaked outside. The technology used is good. The card is just shown up in a even and yet there is no confirmation of release or price. But you can try finding about price on web. The card is a powerful tool for those who need a complete protection of their phone calls.

I think there are some encryption service on web which can help you to encrypt your phone call. They are also beneficial and the charges by them are nominal. One them is Cellcrypt.

I am using Android phone and for that same purpose I found RedPhone. First of all if you are VIP then it became safer for you to get those services, but for a common man that is quiet complicated and costly. I was just testing how to encrypt phone calls on Android and found this one. This has became possible because of voip. This application once install in your phone simply encrypt your voice. The conversation carried out in between you and others is not accessible to anyone. I am not sure what technology is behind this, but it is quiet helpful. The application has a very simple interface and it is easy to use. There are no special settings here. The company which makes this app Whisper system has many more similar apps. Like Whisper Core which is a complete pack of protection. It offers you data encryption, encrypted backup, etc. It protects your Android phone from core. Similar to that is Text Secure which encrypt your phone text messages. There is a beta version of RedPhone on Google Play. Go and download the same. The version that I saw is free and there is no charge for the same.

I will too recommend RedPhone. It is quiet nice. I got a big review of this app and found that app helps a lot to encrypt your voice of internet. Cool app for everyone.

If you need a this on Blackberry then the best app that I found is Cellcrypt. The one which is mentioned in second answer. Cellcrypt offers a powerful platform to encrypt your voice call over blackberry phones. With secure connectivity you can simply talk without worrying. Somehow I had seen people carrying out unethical practices of taping calls. This are done by devices which can capture your phone network. But that can be blocked and stop with this. The app uses Secure voice. Information is a key point that can make or break your business. At that point taking chances will be very risky.

App like Cellcrypt protects you from such stuff. It uses end to end voice encryption service so that your call is not traced or recorded. The app works smoothly over wifi or other 3g network. It is better to invest in such application atleast once if you think that your precious information can be leaked so easily. There are some special services that are provided by the telecom providers. This services helps you to control your voice call from getting leaked easily. But for that you need special consent.

According to me Cellcrypt will be the best one. Go on web and search for best encrypt app for phone calling and you will see it on the top list. The app helps you to make secure call. This means you do not need to use this every time.

Just for testing purpose after seeing this thread I downloaded and installed RedPhone. First of all this is a open source application. So there is no charge for it. Second open source does not means it has lack of security features. It is quiet more secure and better. What actually important is that whatever phone you are using must support encryption feature. Some low range smartphone does not support this things which simply make the application useless.

Get a good phone for that. Second your phone must not be infected with malware, etc. That depends on your practice. Because infection can simply compromise with your phone files and malware infection on Android is rising. Rightnow when we call unencrypted voice call transfer on network. But through RedPhone you can make encrypted call. This encrypted call does not leaks easily and thus you are protected. But such only works with internet support.

There are still lots of things pending here. I hope telecom companies can create some kind of service plan for this. Buy it and your phone calls are encrypted from source.

That is right. The telecom companies must come up with such type of idea. Because it can be a bit complicated to think about using a thirdparty services. There can be risk or simply if there are bugs in such application who will be responsible.