Thread: What is Google Play Music

What is Google Play Music

Today i heard about something called "Google Play Music" from an Android user. As its name suggests, i know it is something related to music but what exactly ? It couldn't be just a normal music player, right ? Be cause all all android phones have pretty good built in music players.

Have anyone of you used it yet ? if yes, please share your views and experience. If it is good, i would like to have it on my Motorola Razr because i liked its interface as shown on that person's smartphone. Thanks.

Re: What is Google Play Music

Google Play Music is a new service or app started by Google for music lovers only. It is cloud kinda application where all your purchased songs are stored online. You can listen them anywhere. You just need to sync them once and listen them offline. This is pretty good because you dont need storage space on your mobile. Not just this much, you can also store songs upto 20,000 from your computer to the cloud and listen them offline anywhere.

The app is now available for free download on Google Play. If you love music, download it now.

Thanks for the info friend. BTW, I understood how this music application works with the music/mp3 files stored on your device. It syncs it directly to the cloude, right ? But what about the music files stored on our PC? I mean to say how can we add our pc’s music to the cloud via this app ?

The process is very simple. Just connect your Smartphone with your computer on which you have stored your music files. For your information, all these music will be stored on play.google.com/music. Anyway, select and transfer the files to your smartphone which you want to put on cloud and listen later via Play Music application. That’s it. Next time when you will launch the app on your phone, it will search your phone’s storage and adds the music to your cloud library that you can listen offline anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarani View Post
    Thanks for the info friend. BTW, I understood how this music application works with the music/mp3 files stored on your device. It syncs it directly to the cloude, right ? But what about the music files stored on our PC? I mean to say how can we add our pc’s music to the cloud via this app ?
    You dont need to connect your phone. There is a Google Music application for desktops. Download that to your PC. You can set it up to up load only the music you tell it too, or you can have it upload new music as soon as its saved to the computer. This will also upload all your iTunes library if you let it. I love this feature with Android so much. I upload some of my old cds to my lap top, give Google music a while to do its thing and then immedialy delete it from my comp..Google music one of my favorite features!

This is weird. I found this application in suggested app while downloading an app from Google Play. When I tried to access the same this is what I got:

Why all such services only launch in US, what about the rest of the countries ?