Thread: How to update Motorola Razr Maxx to Android Ice cream Sandwich

How to update Motorola Razr Maxx to Android Ice cream Sandwich

Hi, I recently heard from few guys that Android ICS is now officially launched for Motorola Razr Maxx smartphone, is that correct? Because as far as I know it was launched but only in USA. I saw those news 2 days ago. I am from India; I would like to know if ICS is released here as well for Razr Maxx. If yes, can you guys please let me know how can I update my device to the same? Also it will be good if you guys can tell me what improvements have been done in this update. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to update Motorola Razr Maxx to Android Ice cream Sandwich

You are bit correct Pandhre. Motorola or Google started rolling out ICS update for Razr Maxx in US last week. But today they officially launched the same in India as well (am not sure if it is launched worldwide). If you have Motorola Razr or Razr Maxx device, you can update it to ICS right now.

As per improvements in this update, there are many. First of all you can a complete new lock screen. There are 4 options right there including Call logs, gallery, text, and face detection unlock as you can see in the image below.

Other than these there is completely new look and feel, improved browser, voice input, and lots more new widgets.

Wow, that’s really great. I would like to update my device to this now itself. I don’t know how to do rooting or go into recovery mode and all. Actually I am not so techie, so please can you please tell me the easiest way to get it ? Also let me know what the size of this update is so that I can switch to 3G or WiFi accordingly. Thanks again.

You must be on Wi-Fi while updating ICS on Razr Maxx as the update size is 240MB. If you use 3G for doing the same, be ready to spend lot of money. Anyways, the easiest way to get ICS update on your smartphone is through the OTA (Over The Air). Remember that OTA can be used only when the update is released officially.

In order to update it through OTA, simply tap on Settings and About Phone. Now tap on “Software Update”. Now wait for few seconds, allow the device to connect the server and display the update. Once you see it, tap on install or update. That’s it.