Thread: How to protect Android from Malware

How to protect Android from Malware

Recently heard news that Android will be affected by malware in coming months. That is quiet disappointing that even Android is not secure entirely. The reason can tons of apps support and ad setup on this phone. It looks the platform is mostly designed to support ad networks and because which the OS integrity is hampered. It would be too irritating to use Android if it has malware issue. Because by default we have to sync our Google account in it and that can be also effected. Is there a way to completely stop it.

Does the new version of Android have any inbuilt feature to protect the phone such kind of virus infections.

Re: How to protect Android from Malware

There are alert raised already worldwide that in coming time malware is going to effect android phones badly. To protect your you have to take certain precautionary steps. First do not flood your phone with tons of applications. Download and install only the trusted one. Google Play will also take initiative to remove infected applications. Do not rely on third party download sources if you are not sure that they are infection free or not. Avoid clicking on ads which popped out when you play games or launch any kind of application on the phone. Those ads redirects to you the site which is open via browser.

As there are more chances of infection, there are also android antivirus that are another upcoming applications. I even saw some them available on Google Play. You can have a look on recent news if there is final indication that this malwares are already inserted in many phones or not. Even I agree that there should be initiative taken for the same to protect users interest.

This was obvious and going to happen. Mostly famous operating system are more vulnerable to attack and they are targeted for commercial purpose. In a new I found that there are thousand of malware applications that can infect your phone.

Did you check report of Trend Micro. You might have heard about this antivirus company. They had raised a alarm that there are more than 5000 malicious application which had target Android. This keeps on increasing at alarming rate. So users world wide will be affected by this. The infection can cause information loss, poor phone performance, web page redirection, etc. Do not keep confidential information in your phone.

Avoid visiting sites which are reported as threat. Buy a good antivirus program for your phone. Sometime I think that compared to android, ios is quiet better. Because if there is any such kind of threats, Apple provides updates to deal with it. They also takes necessary steps to remove those applications from their app store. In some news it is clearly mentioned that the malware can simply track your mobile via gps, send ads on your screen and also can dial some numbers with higher call rate. This is are just cheap marketing stats that are used by attackers to earn money and trouble innocent users.

There will be updates for that. If you face such issue surely Google will launch some better security in android phones. Or else soon people will loose interest from this. Who wants a buggy phone with virus infection to share personal information.

That simply means this malware can also affect our account and information stored inside phone. Like contacts, mails, facebook logins, etc. I blindly surf on my android tablet and was never aware that this stuff is going to take place so soon. Google must do something on the same. Antivirus companies will make more antivirus to earn money out of it. But what matters actually is the information. I have more than 500 photos and thousands of emails. I cannot loose them just like that and now I am use to android.

I cannot backup or switch to other devices. My friend told me to go for ipad instead of android and I ignored that simply because of cost. I never thought this would be so costly in this way. As the above post says that the malware can steal information or track devices or even make calls, then it looks that virus is not simple. They can easily use the phone money to and affect millions of people.

You do not need to worry more on that. Just keep a backup of your data and a good antivirus program. It will protect your phone and data from getting in other hands. Google must take strict measure to protect end users.

I was also going through similar news. In that I found that some guys uses android for spamming. They send messages to the phones which cost end user very high. This is surely going to became very common in coming time. It is recommended that you must not use pirated applications or free apps. They are the most vulnerable one. There is no way to block those spam sms, but if you find any of those in your phone you can send a information of the same to your service provider. Android malware is quiet high and it going to affect many users. This malware is used for scamming users.

But this is actually a great danger which is notified on various news website. And one thing I do not understand how does a antivirus program can block this out. I hope if this is very serious concern this changing your phone is only option left.

That can be done. Because if such issue occurs even once, people my lost their confidential information. Attackers just need a platform to work which Android might give them.

There would be updates. I am really shocked to find that this happens so early and that too on a large scale. If we compare Blackberry OS with Android, then Blackberry is far more secure then any other mobile operating system.

Android is just more vulnerable to malwares and virus. While I never heared anytime that Blackberry is being faced with such kind of virus issue.

I have not heard much about malware for android but there is one application in side Google Play by AVG called AVG Mobilation.

Try it. it may help.