Thread: MSI GT60 Notebook space bar not working properly

MSI GT60 Notebook space bar not working properly

I have been using MSI GT60 Notebook and I did not had any issue with it but now I have found that the space bar of the keyboard is not working properly. When I am pressing at the either corners then it is not responding to the press. I did not had this issue previously, it used to respond to the press no matter if I press in the middle of the button or at the corners. I think something has gone wrong with it, is there anyone who has faced the same issue and can help me out with a workaround rather than getting it repaired from the service center.

Re: MSI GT60 Notebook space bar not working properly

See if your MSI GT60 Notebook is under warranty then a better idea will be getting it checked or repaired from the service center. I am not sure but I think that there is something wrong with the plastic hinge under the key cap. If you want then you can try removing the key cap, inspect the hinge and reseat the key cap. If that’s not helping then I don’t think there is anything that you will be able to try out further rather than visiting the service center.

I don’t have any problem in visiting the service center and get it repaired but then things is that this is the only system that I am having at home. My desktop is not working currently, if I will send it for replacement then I won’t be having any option for getting it repaired. If there would be any method by which I can myself try to fix it then it would save much time for me. I will try out the taking out the cap and inspecting the hinge and will let you know if that helps.

If you have some experience with removing of keys then I don’t think you will face any issues in inspecting it. If not then better visit the service center, I remember when I tried doing the same with my acer laptop key. Actually there was something wrong with the alt key of the laptop, it was appearing something has stuck underneath the key. Later when I tried taking out the keycap and inspecting it then I resulted in breaking the hinge and I had to get it repaired. If you have extra hinge then no problem but if something goes wrong with the hinge then either you will have to get a similar one or visit the service center for getting it fixed.

I think that the msi laptop keyboards are not good, I mean I had bought a msi laptop some months ago and just after 3 months I had issues with 5 keys. I had to press them harder as compared to the other keys to get my press recognized. The cause of the issue was the hinge, it seems they use poor quality hinge.

Anyways I have got them repaired and I am not having any issues with them now but even I think that getting them repaired from the service center will be smart decision. They won’t take much time for repairing them, I had got mine repaired in a day itself. if possible first contact them and let them know that you are having a minor issue with one key and want to get I repaired as soon as possible.