Thread: How to use GPS in MSI WindPad 110W ?

How to use GPS in MSI WindPad 110W ?

I have bought WindPad 110W yesterday and since them I am trying go through it features and learn the same. I have learned most of them but I am not able to make out the option for using GPS? I have gone through the tablet and have found that there are different locations naming GPS module as optional but I have not yet found GPS module. I would have referred to the manual but kids at my place have misplaced it somewhere and I am not able to find it out. Is there anyone who can help??

Re: How to use GPS in MSI WindPad 110W ?

As far as I am ware it should be in Sensors under the Control Panel. If you are not getting the same then check out In the Device Manager and see if you are having the required drivers installed for the same or not. You can also try adding Legacy Hardware. For that you just have to go in to Actions and select Add Legacy Hardware and check out if you are able to get the GPS recognized.

I have checked out in Sensors under the Control Panel and other places as well but I am not able to find out gps module anywhere. While looking after a solution for this issue in other forum I found people mentioning that one need to have Broadcom GPS Location Sensor under Sensors and 'Broadcom NMEA Port (COM 3)' under device manager. In my case I am just able to see Light Sensor under Sensors and Unknown Device under under device manager. When I am trying to install the same then I am getting blue screen of death. Some people have mentioned that the gps in MSI WindPad 110W works only for Google Earth and that too slow. I don’t think that there should be any issue as such. I just wanted to know if reinstalling windows will help me out in getting the missing driver and the modules??

Even I am looking for help here and I have reached this thread while finding solution for the same issue. I don’t think reinstalling windows will help, there is some other trick for enabling and using gps. In my case I have reinstalled windows twice and have not got any help, I have installed the required drivers from their official site but I don’t know why they are not appearing in device manager. I have tried using OEasy as well and have not got any help from the same. No matter what I have tried so far I am still looking out after the trick to enable GPS. If you or anyone else finds or is aware of any workaround for enabling gps then please share it here. It will be highly appreciated.

I think that there is something wrong with the gps feature of MSI WindPad 110W, I mean I am having Broadcom GPS Location Sensor under Sensors where as 'Broadcom NMEA Port (COM 3)' under Device Manager and I am quite sure that I am not missing any driver but even I have not been able to enable gps.

I have tried using Google Earth but it is not showing proper location and the information that is it displaying is not accurate. Like one has already mentioned it takes long time for fetching the data as well.