Thread: Can VLC on Android play any kind of audio and video file

Can VLC on Android play any kind of audio and video file

I have doubt before getting vlc on my phone. Like on desktop VLC plays any kind of audio and video file. It is quiet easy to have software like VLC to run all kind of video files. There is a version available for the same on Google Play. I am quiet irritated with installing different kinds of player in Android phone. I have Samsung Galaxy Y. I need help to find a good player that read other files. I have a good amount of flv video files in my hard drive that does not work on this phone. Thanks.

Re: Can VLC on Android play any kind of audio and video file

Yes VLC can play anykind of video format and you can install that blindly. The new version which is updated on Google Play offers you the same support. It is recommended that you must install and test the same. VLC is a popular software for media purpose. It has became a quiet important software for each desktop and soon the portable section will also be taken out. The app version which is available right-now is beta. There is not yet final version provided. It is recommended that your phone must have good processor to run large file size or else you can face choppy video.

The same issue is not found in tablet pc. You just need to copy paste files in your phone and run vlc. You have to provide the location of place where media is stored. Anyhow yet there are no bugs reported whoever using this media player. It is quiet fortunate that the developers of this player has made a portable version for android phone. It is possible to playback majority of video files with the help of this player. Download and check the same.

I am using the same and it worked properly. It can read all files. I had not tested audio yet, but in video it can read flv file easily. Along with video playback the player also provides streaming support.

This is the same desktop version which is ported to mobile phone. There is big list of formats that vlc can read. And it work nicely. Along with that I found that the app also support screen orientation. That means when you rotate your phone the screen sets on the basis of that. So that is something good for android devices. The current version is in beta stage and for the final you will need to wait back. Called as neon version there are still ample of bugs in the application. You might face choppy video at some place depends on the render quality. I will not say that all your video will work smoothly but at some part you can face issue. You download and test this. There are some other players also. Among them best is Mobo Video Player.

This video player support all kind of formats. You do not need to get worried about flv or other files. Along with playback support the player also provides you good user interface. The technology used in the player helps it to detect the video format and run it more easily. I will recommend you to test this if you do not find vlc as proper.

I am using Mobo Video Player. I had not tested flv but other files works quiet nicely. There is no need to use a separate player for each video. Just copy paste your video files and done.

I am using MX Player. I am not sure about VLC but this one of the best video player I had seen on Android. It plays almost everything. It depends on your phone hardware also. The rendering might be affected on older devices. The player provides you multi-core decoding because of which you can get more better video quality. But this feature also depends on your phone cpu. Along with playing you can zoom the video also. MX Player can read dvd files, it can also display subtitles, it support microdvd files, etc. You can install this once and check back. I have some flv files also. They work smoothly on this. To some extent if you are using this on a tablet pc then your screen resolution will be affected. Otherwise this is a good tool. If you need uninterrupted support then you must go for MX Player Pro version which will cost you Rs.292.92. This amount is not bad for this application. It removes issue of getting different kind of media players for different video formats.

I think VLC is enough. Install that and check on your own. And if you face issue then you can go for Mobo or MX player. This both players are rich in features and play almost anything.

I had noticed that the quality of video hampers a little. For example if you play a flv file format on vlc the video quality is poor and the same when I convert it to mp4 it is awesome. Good brightness and colors. Does this player the operating system find mp4 as the most suitable video format. That is the reason when I transfer files to my phone I convert them to mp4. There are tons of tools for that. I am using imtoo.

I directly provide the phone folder location and add files inside the convertor. It takes time to convert but what matters mostly is the quality of video. It would be dull if you are getting poor video output. Instead of keep on switching for different players get a good video convertor, install that on your pc and convert to mp4. It will make it more compatible with every player you have on your phone. The more app you load, the more your phone becomes slow.

There is a more easy option. Download Videora Converter on your phone. This convertor will help you to convert video files in format you need. The video convertor can convert your flv files to mp4. You can then delete the old files.

I am using Video Converter Android. It is free and very easy to use. When you install that just launch it on your phone. Then it will ask you for the file location for conversion. Once after it is scanned then click on convert. You can manaully provide the memory card location where you would like to save the converted video files. I convert my files via it and then delete the old videos.