Thread: Will Android 4.1 Jelly Bean support Flash

Will Android 4.1 Jelly Bean support Flash

Google Nexus is going to have this new operating system. There would be great additions I hope. I want to know that will this version support Flash. I am not going to buy any Android product I get better flash support. It would be worth for me to buy Apple products in that case. I am trying to find the same on official site but under the features list but there was nothing mentioned about flash support.

Re: Will Android 4.1 Jelly Bean support Flash

No. Android 4.1 Jelly Bean does not has flash support. Unfortunately this version is also appearing without flash. I am not sure why Google is not working on it. While in Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich you can find a flash player. If you get a Jelly upgrade do not go for that. Stick to ICS. You can simply find Flash player 11 on Google play. I found in some news that Jelly Bean will not support Flash. There are many news on that and I do not understand how you do not know about that. Adobe is not going to provide support for Flash on Android 4.1.

That is quiet bad news, but we can wait for the final release. I hope Google will add some kind of alternative in place of flash. But if there is no flash we will miss youtube. There are other third players that support flash videos and we might need to use that. No Flash does not means you can never get flash content on the Android 4.1 device. This was announced some couple of month ago. Jelly Bean might be good in interface and feature, but flash is the most important and active component of web. Many websites will not be displayed properly due to lack of flash support. Surely there will be rooted version of Jelly Bean after release which might come with what we want.

Jelly Bean just has better interface. It gives you a better home screen and customized widget. I will wait for a better version. I heard that mostly Google is trying to improve voice recognition on this.

Flash is actually needed. It would not affect those who simply needs Android games. Maximum videos on web are based on flash and they will not work. That means you cannot view a shared video on facebook if there is no flash on your tablet. I do not know how Google will release the operating system version. I would advice the Google people to provide some kind of downgrade facility or Google Nexus with two version one with ICS and other one with Jelly Bean. So that can help users to choose what they want to go for. Yet I was trying to search on web that will there be any process in future by which we can downgrade Nexus to ICS. But no one has attempted to go for that. I hope officially Adobe might help tablets to get some fix for it.

Google Nexus is a good tablet and the price that is mentioned on the official site is quiet affordable. But because of this change I had already dropped my idea for the same. Without flash we cannot surf some websites, visit youtube, or play certain games. Compared to nexus that paying the double amount is better to go for Apple iPad.

There must be some alternative. I had seen some flash players on Android. Those are third party devices which work in some way. I hope those works. But with official support is quiet easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Radames View Post
    There must be some alternative. I had seen some flash players on Android. Those are third party devices which work in some way. I hope those works. But with official support is quiet easier.
    You must wait and watch. There will be some mod for that. We all know that rooting Android phone is more easier, so there are chances that you can root the phone and install ICS on that. No flash does not means you should not buy Google Nexus. Just have a look on the table. To some extent no flash will cause issue. Because I had seen some email service providing website provides you a flash based uploader. No flash means you cannot see those buttons. It became complicated to handle such operations. I hope Adobe did not discontinue this forever.

There should be flash player provided in the upcoming tablets also. But we do not need to worry about that. If you need flash support go for ICS tablets. There are ample of models in the market with better interface. Jelly Bean is bit different in customization and widget management. there is nothing great in it. Yet people are not used to Android 4.0 completely, switching to Jelly Bean instantly will make them confused. And if your device is going to get flash update you must avoid that for sometime.

I went on Google play to check Flash Player 11. I found a note on top saying that no flash player update is available for new devices. Also flash player will not work on devices higher than Android 4.0. It looks Adobe has serious retrieved its support.

That is a dumb thing. Google Nexus with no flash is simply no happy users. This stuff should come in earlier version of Android. I was just watching the feature list of Jelly Bean. Some of its features are awesome. Jelly Bean is more equipped with better codec support. Like it is possible to play usb speakers on them, better audio recording, etc. Now even if you record a better video audio without flash support you cannot upgrade it. But some features states that the new Jelly Bean will give more enhanced experience for HTML5. Compared to flash this will take time to get common. I hope Google will find some alternative for that or this product might be a disaster. Flash is a must requirement for many websites and applications. You cannot just ignore that easily.

That is quiet not acceptable. That means if someone has upgraded to Jelly Bean his flash player will be wiped out or you will need to remove it before going for the update.

I hope you can get that on the other version later than Jelly Bean. You might need to wait for that. But this depends on choice of people. I had seen small article which says that the furture verison of Android will have more HTML5 than flash. HTML5 is more rich language developed for mobile platform. But it would take time when all technologies will be evenly migrated to HTML5.