Thread: Did anyone notice fake activator app on iPhone App store

Did anyone notice fake activator app on iPhone App store

I just noticed a app called as Activator. The prices was charged around some 1$. Has anyone downloaded this. I found that after adding this application it can help us to use all those features which we get after jail-breaking the iphone. My friend downloaded and tested, but it did not worked. I think this is a fake app or there is some settings which are needed to be done to use this. Is it possible that App store can bit fake apps. Apple might do something to block such kind of applications.

Re: Did anyone notice fake activator app on iPhone App store

That is a fake app which your friend has downloaded. There was a app on App store which has the same name but I don't know because of some reason it is discontinued. The applications can give you Jailbreak features. Do not get into that scam.

Yes you are right that is a fake app. It is not recommended to download that. I even thought that it will work and unlock the phone features. I had gone through some articles on web which clearly tell that it is a scam. It looks that mac store is getting hit by fake apps more. They might such access and remove their developers id. Even one of my colleague got the same app. It just gives some basic customization features. This guys simply add fake apps to draw money and they discontinue the product. There is no official site of this applications. If there is any then it can give us the authenticity of applications. The only thing you can do to unlock all features of phone is jail breaking. It is quiet safe that this app do not destroy your phone activation feature. Try not to waste money on the same. There might be other sources from where you can download the original applications.

I do not understand how this guys enter mac store and how they get so much preference. Does apple did not check this apps before getting on the store for users. Or they hack the store and addup their apps.

I too receive news very late. I thought this might work fine, but nothing happened. It let me to change or customize the some phone options. I too do not understand how this app get approved on Apple and if there was any original app for same where it is gone. There should be virus in this and those who had downloaded will face issue in future. I restored my phone completely, because of which I lost many of my apps and games. But I can get them back that is not a issue. The apps appeared like a good alternative for Jailbreak. And it says that after using it you can enjoy all features of Jail-breaking. The features list that I saw was good and because of which I downloaded it. But one of my friend told that those features can only be activated if you have the phones root access. You cannot just enable them by any third applications. He said that there was a old popular application called as Activator which can help you to customize the phone. But now the same is not available.

They simply fool users. The amount that you paid is not high. That the reason many people will ignore this applications, but if hundreds of people had downloaded that the app developer guy has gain a good money.

I never rely on such types of application on my phone. I know a number of them are simply useless. They are designed to fool innocent people. Jail-breaking is entirely different process. And there are no applications which an unlock them on software level. I had seen many type of app like this on mac store. Ignore them. Even if you downloaded any of them then it is not going to harm your phone. The best part we have is restoring the phone easily via iTunes. I hope Apple can provide us some kind of official app that can help to customize and unlock hidden features.

The thing that I worry about this app is infection. What if the app is malicious and those who had installed might face any issue in future. I tried to search the entire web but there is no detailed information given on the same.

There are less chances of infection. And if there is any you will soon receive updates for Apple. Apple has not information available on the same. I had notice that many people has already bought this app and wasted money on the same. I am not surprised about the applications, but about the people who are so eager to unlock their phone. Jailbreaking can void the warranty and this one will give them unlock features without jailbreaking. What I know that there are no such applications. Jailbreak your phone and use all the features and do not expect apple to fix it under warranty.

There are tons of fake apps on Mac store. That is the reason I only choose to go for games and productivity tools. I do not go for tweaking software. There are no guarantee that they will work and are valid apps.