Thread: HP G60 no webcam detected error

HP G60 no webcam detected error

I own a HP G60 and recently I have made a fresh installation of windows 7 on the same. The problem that I am facing now is that the built in camera of my laptop is not getting detected. I am getting an error saying webcam not detected, I don’t have much idea about these things. Is there anyone who can help me out with it??

Re: HP G60 no webcam detected error

Since you have mentioned that you have made fresh installation of windows 7 I just wanted to know if you have installed the required drivers for your laptop hardware’s. If you are not aware of the same then go to start> control panel> administrative tool> computer management> device manager. Now in the right pane you will get a list of drivers installed in your laptop, so just check under imaging device and see if there is any device listed for webcam?? If it is having a yellow exclamation mark on the same then you will have to reinstall driver for it. For reinstalling driver either you can use the driver cd that you might have got with the laptop or you can install it from web. So decide from where you are willing to install the driver, if you are using the cd then insert the same and right click on the driver having yellow exclamation mark in device manager and select update driver. When you do so, you will get a window with two options where it will say “installing from a specific location” and “install it automatically from the web”. If you are using driver cd then select “installing from a specific location” and point to the cd drive, it will detect the driver from the cd and will install it automatically. You can select “install it automatically from the web” as well, even this will detect the latest available driver and then you can select any one from them and install it. Just make sure that you are rebooting your laptop after installing the drivers. When you are done with the same then just cross check and see if the webcam is getting detected now or not. if you face any further issues with it then let me know I will surely try to help you out with other possible solutions.

I have checked out in the device manager but I am not able to see anything saying imaging device. There are other ones but I am not able to find out any one mentioning imaging device. Will it be having some other name in my case?? When I am opening Cyberlink YouCam that came preinstalled with the laptop then it says “webcam not detected” . is there anything other than this that I can try out. I have tried rebooting the laptop several times thinking that would make some difference but I have not got any help from it. It was working fine before and has stopped working after making a fresh installation of windows 7. Does that mean the webcam has turned out faulty???

I am not sure but I think that there is something wrong at the hardware end now. If you want to try out some other workaround then you can try going in to control panel > add new hardware and try selecting the device from there. If you want then you can go in to device manager and try scanning for hardware changes. There will be a small option at the top , when you will move your mouse over it then it will say “scan for hardware changes” when you click on the same then it will scan all the hardware and will add if it might have missed any. If after that you are able to see imaging device option in device manager then you can install the driver for the same following the steps that I have mentioned in my first post. Just try out what I have suggested now and let me know what you get.

You can try out the above solution very well but if you are not getting any luck with it then you should install all the recommended updates via windows update and check out if you are getting the imaging device option in the list. If that does not help then you can try recovering the driver through Recovery Manager and check out if it is getting listed after that. For using an HP Recovery Partition you have to follow the below steps:

Reboot your system and Press and hold "F11" when the laptop starts. You can back up your files by going through the HP Recovery Manager's on-screen instructions as well. When you are done with the backup process then you can select option for performing system recovery. When the laptop reboots finally then you can use HP's update manager and Windows Update for restoring the important updates that you might have made and Click "Finish" when the recovery is complete. If there is nothing wrong with the webcam then you can get the imaging device option in the list of device manager.

Even I think that there is some hardware fault with the webcam. You can try updating the bios and check out if you are having any luck with it. If that does not make any difference in your case then better get it checked from the service station. All possible solution have been mentioned here and they should work out for you if there is any software issue. If they don’t work then there is surely some hardware fault. I don’t think there is any further solution that you will be able to try out yourself rather than visiting the service center to get it work.