Thread: FN key of Toshiba Satellite P750 won’t work

FN key of Toshiba Satellite P750 won’t work

Can anyone help me out with this simple issue (the issue is quite clear). As I already stated in the title my problem is only with the FN key. This key is actually not working at all. When I bought this Toshiba Satellite P750 the keyboard was working fine with all keys functioning properly but after a week of usage I found that only the Fn key wasn’t working at all. Rest all the alpha numeric keys including the side keys works great.

Initially I thought that the problem is with the physical appearance of the button, i thought the Fn button might be broken from somewhere but when inspected the button I found that everything was already with its physical appearance and I am very much sure that the key is placed extremely well in the keyboard so the button is not an issue. I strongly feel that the problem is related to software which is unknown to me. However I have done enough research and now its on you to guide me with the further things. Please someone help and let me know what should I do to get the Fn key working. Just because of the Fn key not working I am facing lots of problem.

Re: FN key of Toshiba Satellite P750 won’t work

Hey do not ever take this issue as simple problem. There are numerous users who aren’t able to still get rid of this problem, in their case too the Fn key was not working and still they are unable to make out the exact cause of the issue.

Anyways there are some common tricks that people like you facing this problem try out. Some have managed to get out of it where as some are still in the mess. I would suggest you to try the same and wish your luck. Might be you are out of the soup soon. Firstly try to download and install TVAP from the official site of Toshiba then from the same site you can also get a flash card for your laptop, install it and then do not forget to enable the flash card in your system during the start up. For enabling the flash card uncheck the disable option and check the enable option.

Yeah that’s partially correct. I mean to say that installing TVAP (Toshiba Value Added Pack) is somewhat a correct suggestion for this problem but in case of someone who is already having TVAP the procedure is completely different.

• If you are facing a problem with the functioning of your Fn key and if you have already installed TVAP in your system then please first uninstall it. Uninstalling of this program can be done through control panel program un-installer
    • After you uninstall restart your system then click on Start button and they type "Toshiba application installer" in the search box that appears
    • Do not worry you will end up getting only one successful result. Without thinking just click on it and then after doing all this from Toshiba application installer go for installing TVAP and then restart your laptop. Everything will work fine and also your problem will be eliminated.

This is something funny I must say. There are lots of people facing this problem and guess what? Reinstalling TVAP (Toshiba Value Added Pack) is until yet the only solution suggested to all of them facing this problem but seems like the solution is not working for all of them even if the problem and laptop they share is same. Some says that installing TVAP is working while some says that its not working. I really do not what’s going on but however I am one of those lucky people to get my Fn key working fine after installing TVAP. I had no problem while removing or installing TVAP. However the only thing I would like to suggest whoever is unable to get it right in removing TVAP please prefer a system restore. I personally feel that system restore is somewhat a good way for removing TVAP from your system and then reinstalling it.

My problem seems to be entirely different. Maybe due to this reason also this common suggestion is not at all working for my laptop. I too have a Toshiba Satellite P750. I don’t know from where you people got this issue or what could be the main source of your problem but in my case the problem all started after I installed windows 7 Ultimate in my laptop. Before installing Windows 7 Ultimate I was running windows 7 Home premium in my machine and let me tell you that my keyboard’s Fn key was working well and fine with that OS but just after I installed Ultimate I found that the Fn key wasn’t working at all. When I press Fn key along with other function keys like F1, F2, F3 or etc nothing happens. Looks like the Fn key has been physically broken but I am sure it isn’t broken as i already said that it stops working after a new OS installation.