Thread: Which version of Surface Tablet will you buy - Intel or ARM Processor

Which version of Surface Tablet will you buy - Intel or ARM Processor

Many of you here might be aware that Microsoft has unveiled their Surface Tablet naming Surface (Windows RT) tablet and Surface (Windows Pro). Even though the actual price and the release date of the tablet has not been declared I just wanted to know which is better amongst both or which one you all will prefer.Surface Tablet, Intel, ARM Processor

Re: Which version of Surface Tablet will you buy - Intel or ARM Processor

I will prefer the light version of Windows 8, I mean Surface (Windows RT) tablet:
    Surface (Windows RT) tablet specification:
    • Windows RT operating system
    • Nvidia ARM CPU
    • 9.3mm thick
    • 676 grams/23.85 ounces
    • 10.6-inch ClearType HD Display
    • 31.5 watt hour battery
    • Ports: microSD, USB 2.0, Micro-HD video, 2x2 MIMO antennas
    • Storage options: 32GB and 64GB for Windows RT
    • Front- and rear-facing "HD" cameras

I think that Surface (Windows Pro) will be a better choice as it is not having full desktop version of Windows 8 and it will be just running Metro apps. Not all the apps but the ones that will be available Windows app store. The Windows 8 Pro version is appearing better as it will be featuring full Windows 8 OS with Intel Ivy Bridge CPU. The Intel Ivy Bridge CPU is used in laptops and ultrabooks and they just work great, so we can expect the same in tablet as well. Other than this it is having twice the storage capacity of the RT version along with USB 3.0 support. I am just waiting for the price to get revealed. If there isn’t much difference between Surface (Windows Pro) and Surface (Windows RT) then Surface (Windows Pro) will really be a better choice.

Things that make Surface (Windows Pro) better as compared to Surface (Windows RT) are as followed:
    • Windows 8 operating system
    • Intel third-generation Core i CPU
    • 42 watt hour battery
    • Ports: microSDXC, USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort video
    • Storage options: 64GB and 128GB

I don’t think that we can come on a point saying Surface (Windows Pro) is better than Surface (Windows RT) until the price is revealed. The specification is obviously better but the price of the same play an important role here.

Yes I completely agree to you on that point, other than the price some information like software support, application support, Xbox integration, resolution and actually battery life are yet to be revealed. This information does matter in making a comparing between these two tablets as well as others like ipad, transformer prime and so. Even I think that it is too early to make a conclusion for now. Sources say that Surface (Windows RT) will cost around $399 where as the Surface (Windows Pro) will cost around $499. If that’s true then I don’t think that it will get a mass response as there are some tough competitors like ipad, transformer prime etc. For now I am looking forward to get Surface (Windows Pro) so that I can get an alternative for my laptop.