Thread: Unable to download apps from LenovoStore in my IdeaTab S2005a

Unable to download apps from LenovoStore in my IdeaTab S2005a

I got a Lenovo Ideatab S2005A 5inch tablet (gifted by my brother, bought from Beijing). It has good features, performance and is working fine. But there is just one problem. I am just unable to download a single app from LenovoStore on my tab. Whenever i open the store, everything id displayed in Chinese language though i have set its default language to English.

Other problem i am facing with this tab is that whenever i download any application or game from android market. It gets downloaded and installed comfortably but is not visible anywhere in the device. I mean i cannot see it in installed applications, folder or anywhere. Dont know whats wrong with my device. Is there any one here can help me on this ?

Re: Unable to download apps from LenovoStore in my IdeaTab S2005a

The only reason coming to my mind is that this tablet is not officially available for sale in the Europe yet and hence Lenovostore is not accessible in English for your region. I think that you should wait for a while till it officially go on sale on Europe. Only then you will be able to use this device in the normal way. But there are another ways with which you can install those application. You can download .apk files for those apps from any other site or any third party APK files and install them easily on your tab. I know few site that give access to apk files, that can directly add the apps in the Android Phone. You can get those easily on Google.

About Android apps, i guess that Android market is banned from access in China. Not sure but due to some reason i guess Google has remove Android market form the device that is available in china. Hence it wouldn't be available there but all the device which having Gapps work perfectly with the android market. To fix this as well the best way is to get the apk files and install them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahalingam View Post
    The only reason coming to my mind is that this tablet is not officially available for sale in the Europe yet and hence Lenovostore is not accessible in English for your region. I think that you should wait for a while till it officially go on sale on Europe. Only then you will be able to use this device in the normal way. But there are another ways with which you can install those application. You can download .apk files for those apps from any other site or any third party APK files and install them easily on your tab. I know few site that give access to apk files, that can directly add the apps in the Android Phone. You can get those easily on Google.

About Android apps, i guess that Android market is banned from access in China. Not sure but due to some reason i guess Google has remove Android market form the device that is available in china. Hence it wouldn't be available there but all the device which having Gapps work perfectly with the android market. To fix this as well the best way is to get the apk files and install them.
    Thanks for the great info and prompt help friend. It was really a useful stuff. Anyways, at this point i would like to know that will rooting fix this problem on my IdeaTab S2005a ? If yes, please let me know the steps as well.

Nope. It will be too early to root the tablet and also its not gonna help you with your existing problem in anyway. If you do so it will also avoid your warranty as well instead of any kind of help. There is nothing that you could do the solve this issue other than waiting. But just for a try, try to update the tab to latest android version/update and see if you get any kind of change. Reply with the results.