Thread: When listening to music, can’t answer call via Sony Xperia Sola

When listening to music, can’t answer call via Sony Xperia Sola

I have bought Sony Xperia Sola yesterday and I have found that when I am listening to music and receive an incoming call then I am not able to answer it. I am not able to hear the incoming call ringtone using the headphone. When I unplug the headphone then there is no sound from the external speakers as well. This happens only when I am listening to music, I am not having any issue in answering the call normally. I don’t know what’s wrong with the phone. I wanted to know if this is a hardware fault or software. I have tried restarting the phone several times but same thing happens when I receive a call while listening to music. Is there anyone aware of this issue??

Re: When listening to music, can’t answer call via Sony Xperia Sola

Your issue seems to be weird and it is hard to guess if it is a software bug or a hardware fault. Before coming to any point on your issue I will suggest you to better try performing the below thing and see if it is helping.
    • Tap menu from the Home screen and then tap Settings > Privacy> Factory data reset
    • Now just check mark Erase SD Card for erasing internal storage data as well as SD Card data and Tap Reset phone> tap Erase everything.

Just try out the same and see if that’s helping. if you face the same issue further then feel free to ask.

I have been running in to same issue but in my case it happens randomly. I mean that some time I am not having any issues in answering calls even when I am listening to music and sometimes I am just not able to answer and have to restart the phone.I am not able to make out if this is an software or hardware issue, I have contacted the Sony support and have addressed them the same along with the solutions that I have tried but they just said that they are not able to reproduce the issue at their end.They had suggested me solutions like doing a hard reset and restoring the phone to factory settings, when i said that those solutions are not helping then they said that there might be something wrong with my phone and I will have to get it checked or replaced. Since the phone is new I don’t want to take any risk and I will be visiting the service center a day after tomorrow. Till then if anyone finds out any other solution then let me know, it will be appreciative. Thanks in advance.

I have checked about the same and have found some other people facing the similar issue with the phone. I am not very sure but I think that there is some hardware fault. I really don’t think that there is any solution that you can try out rather than restoring the phone to factory setting and hoping for luck. If you don’t get it working right then you will surely have to get it repaired. This issue has been reported to Sony and they might be aware of the same so better contact them and get your phone replaced as soon as possible. Best of luck.