Thread: Speed dials locked in Blackberry Torch 9800

Speed dials locked in Blackberry Torch 9800

My little brother has bought BB Torch couple of days ago, its working fine but there is just one confusing, its speed dials. After reading its few reviews i came to know that there are many keys are locked or assigned for certain keys that cannot be changed, for example changing profile, ringtones, etc. but if i have a contact starting with that particular Alphabet which is actually assigned for any of the mobile function ? For example lets take 'W' that is assigned for Voice mail and i also have a contact named "Wasim". How the phone should react when i press 'w' ?

So what i want to know here is how can i unlock the speed dials or atleast can change the locked speed dials in my BB Torch 9800? I hope you can provide a working solution for this

Re: Speed dials locked in Blackberry Torch 9800

Editing speed dials is too simple. Did you really tried doing that ? You can do it with just few steps as mentioned below:
    • Press the SEND (green) button.
    • Go to options and press 'View Speed Dial'
    • Again press option and selected 'Edit'.

Thats it. Its too simple and working in Torch as well.

I guess you tried editing any of these 3 keys, Q, A, 1. If yes, you wont be able to change any of these 3 because they are set default for their respective functions. And yeah, you can edit 'W' as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aalbaiz View Post
    I guess you tried editing any of these 3 keys, Q, A, 1. If yes, you wont be able to change any of these 3 because they are set default for their respective functions. And yeah, you can edit 'W' as well.
    Thanks for the info friend. Even i have a similar problem. Off course 'W' is assigned for Voice Mail in my Blackberry Curve, when i press it my Voice mail wont work. My device just dont respond any thing. I know its configured properly. Do you have any idea on this ?

By the term ‘My device just dont respond anything’ I guess you are saying that your Voice mail box wont open after pressing alphabet ‘W’, right ? If it is so than my friend you key ‘W’ is not assigned for Voice mail. Actually its not assigned for anything. You will need to assign it manually for the same. For doing so you can follow the steps given above or see this:
    Quote Originally Posted by aalbaiz View Post
    You can do it with just few steps as mentioned below:
    • Press the SEND (green) button.
    • Go to options and press 'View Speed Dial'
    • Again press option and selected 'Edit'.
    Follow these steps and assign ‘W‘or any key (I have set ‘V’) for voice mail. It will work. And if there is any other problem you will need contact your network provider.