Thread: Kindle Fire TouchScreen stopped working

Kindle Fire TouchScreen stopped working

I have been using Kindle Fire and it was working fine by now but suddenly the touch screen has stop responding. It happened in middle of using an application, I am not able to restart the Kindle as after holding the power button I have to touch the screen to turn it off. I don’t know what to do, I cant think of any hardware fault as it happened when I was using it, I had never faced any issue with the TouchScreen before. Is there anything I can try out further rather than simply sending it back and claiming for an rma??

Re: Kindle Fire TouchScreen stopped working

In that case you can try a hard reset, for that you just have to hold down the power button for 30 seconds. When the device gets turned off then press the power button again to restart it. If you are having the same issues after that as well then better turn it off again by following the same method and plug it to charging, once it gets charged then turn it on and see if the TouchScreen is responding. If that does not help then I don’t think there is any other thing that you will be able to try out and you will have to contact the service center to get it fixed. Just try out the same and let me know if you are able to get it working after a hard reset.

So now I have tried out performing what you have mentioned and I was able to turn it off properly. On turning it on it was responding in the same way, I mean that the touchscreen was unresponsive to my touch. Later as you have mentioned I kept it for charging and tried turning it on but unfortunately the issue is still the same. I just wanted to know if this might have caused due to a hardware fault of software faulty?? I don’t think that it is due to hardware fault as I was using it when this happened and I have not yet dropped it by now. So it is must be probably due to software right?? If yes then is there anything else that I can try out now??? Further help regarding the same will be appreciative.

Even I have gone through the same and I will like to inform you that it can be caused due to software as well. Currently I have got a replacement after contacting the Kindle support. It happened to me when I was running an application on it, there were no symptoms of hardware fault. I had tried out performing hard reset several times but it was just not making any difference. I had asked about the same to some of my friends and they just said that such touch screen issues are mostly due to hardware but that wasn’t my case. When I contacted Kindle support then they said touch screen issue can be caused by software as well. If you still have a doubt regarding the same then you can contact them on 1-866-321-8851 and find it out. Even though it is caused by software there is nothing you can do for it rather than getting it replaced like me.

I completely agree to you for that, it can happen because of the software as well. I just wanted to share that I was facing similar issues some day’s ago. In my case the screen used to get freeze while using and it would not respond for that while, doing a herd reset was helping me out for some time. It used to get unresponsive frequently while using it, when I checked about the same on the web then I was suggested to update the software of the same. After updating the software of the kindle fire to the latest things worked fine for a week and so. It started happening again after that, I had never dropped my kindle and used to take good care of the same. I kept performing hard reset till it was handling the issue but one day the touchscreen stopped responding as usual and did not worked even after trying hard reset several times. After contacting the kindle support I got a replacement for it and now it is working fit and fine without any issues.