Thread: Game Disc not working on Nintendo Wii

Game Disc not working on Nintendo Wii

I need help to find solution for game disc issue. Some of the game disc are stopped working on Nintendo Wii. The disc does not looks much old. But the gaming console is not reading them at all. While I have some other set of disc which are purchased together. Those are working. Sometime, the device does not read any of those disc. Can anyone help me to find any solution related to that. I had cleaned the disc and checked that there are no scratches. Just to ensure that it is working fine or not, I had checked the disc on a different Wii console. It was working. It takes some time to load, but the disc worked fine. Does there is something damaged in my console. Please if possible try to provide any manual fix, there is no repair center nearby my home. I have to carry the console in different area if there is any major fault.

Re: Game Disc not working on Nintendo Wii

I have some tips that can help you. First there are number of reason why wii does not play game disc. First the game disc that you are using might be fault, or second is there any error message on screen like disc cannot be read. If yes then the disc is not proper. You said that you had purchased those altogether. But I am sure that you had not used them for longer time. I had faced this issue because of region lock. Reading your question, it looks that you had purchase wii from any other location. Wii comes with hardware lock and you will need to find your Wii compatible disc. There are ample of games which does work on Wii if you purchase them from any other are. Second insert the disc one more time and post here what message you are getting on the screen. Second try to place Wii vertically. Lie it down and then again insert the disc. Check you can find the disc or not. Sometime the disc is not inserted properly because of which Wii fails to read it. Try to change the placement horizontally or vertically and then see if you can see any kind of message related to disc on screen. Are there linings on disc. If yes then those are scratches. If they are higher in number then the disc might not work.

I think the disc is damaged. Check any other new disc if you can arrange. If they work then forget the other one. You will need to get new games for Wii. Older disc are slow and unresponsive sometime. That the reason I keep a backup of all.

Thanks for the reply. How do you take backup of Wii games. I had tested the disc they are damaged. And it is my fault to some extent. I had given my disc to friend which he gave after many months in poor condition. Now planing to buy new set of Wii games. You mentioned that you had backup them. How you do that, I need some solution for that.

Yes I had taken the backup of them. My friend recommended me to do that. There are many Wii games backup software available on web. You can download and purchase any of them as per your choice. The best thing to start is making a clone copy of Wii game disc. It is recommended that you must use that only for your personal backup purpose. Insert wii disc in your pc and then run a DVD cloner. It will burn the entire content of disc into another disc. You can keep the original safely somewhere and use the clone disc. So in this way you can safeguard your game disc for longer time. Other than cloning there are other process also which are quiet complicated and I will not recommend that here.