Thread: How to delete Android application on Playbook?

How to delete Android application on Playbook?

That’s a good thing to know that we can have a full access to all the android applications in our Blackberry playbook. I am a genuine blackberry user from past 5 years and recently I purchased a Playbook for my brother. We already tried to download several android applications on this device to test their compatibility. I haven’t found any app creating any issue while downloading, installing and accessing. All the apps were doing great. However we are now at the last stage of our testing and that is the un-installation process of the app. We were well aware of downloading and installation process so therefore didn’t have any problem, and also we believed that deleting the app would be however not so difficult but unfortunately we failed to find that easy way. We are unable to delete any of the android app from the playbook at all. so please, anyone who have a playbook and tried their hands with android app deletion process just let me know. You need not have to explain me the complete steps just help me knowing main source from where we can delete the apps. That would be more than enough for me. Thanks in advance if any help is provided.

Re: How to delete Android application on Playbook?

If you were able to do all sorts of experiment with the android apps in your playbook then how come you aren’t able to simply remove the same installed app. Is there any problem that you are facing or you are actually not at all aware of the steps to uninstall the app? Looking into your post seems like you are a old user of blackberry, then you should probably know the procedure. Anyways, let it be, I would help you out with the same. Look, whichever application you need to delete just tap on the icon of that application or you can also tap on any of the app (this is done just to produce a delete option) and then hold down for a while, the icon will start moving (a vibration kind of movement). Now you will find a garbage kind of can just over or above the app that you need to delete. Again you need to tap on that can and everything is done, your app is deleted! But do make sure that after you delete the app you tap again anywhere on the screen which would help you to get out of the delete mode and run the device normally and properly. While tapping to get out of the delete mode also make sure that you tap at the empty space (there should be no icon present). That’s it, you are done with your delete process too. Hope my suggestion helped you.

There are certain things that you must be still unaware of even if you are done with 90% of the experiment. Mostly those things are related to the post delete activity. I am sure if you once delete any of the android app you will end up getting some interesting results. Let me not keep anything secrete, suppose if you delete any of the android app, and do not think that it will get completely out of your phone. I mean, even after the removal of the app some of the setting of those removed app will still somehow be retained by the android launcher. If in case you delete any app, remember to go to the Android launcher list and clean what so ever is related to your deleted app. If you find this procedure complicated they you can simply go for downloading the settings bar file in your playbook. Now open this app then go to applications then manage applications and then click on the app that you need to remove from the phone.

Anyways I would like to recommend you to go for the first procedure I suggested as it seems to be well assured one and also it worked for me. I have some of the apps in the launcher that I found. If this one do not work then go for downloading the settings bar file.

I do not think the settings bar does works well. With this file I am able to however delete any application completely but then from the homescreen I also have to personally visit the homescreen and then delete the icon of the deleted app. But doing this even doesn’t seem to be going well. There are still some settings of those apps that exist somewhere. The reason I am being so confident is because I keep on getting an error message saying “Error Loading Content”. This message occurs mostly whenever I try visit certain site like amazon (happens during registration). Is there any manual trick to get rid of all core related files of the app that we delete from our playbook device? This external bar file and the internal procedure doesn’t seem to be doing the trick.

I do agree with you. I don’t think there must be anyone present who have successfully been able to remove a normal app from their blackberry playbook. I am one amongst those unsuccessful people. I have some complaints regarding the bar apps. Many a time I have deleted those bar apps from the device but they still persist along with their actual directory and other files. The most irritating thing is that I can see those files but I can’t do anything to remove them. let me explain you everything in detail.

Applications of Google like google map, gmail and then other social networking sites; I installed all these apps with the help of the signed Bar file. However they installed properly and also they were doing well. However after rooting I got Android market and managed to get the .apk files of those same apps that I mentioned above from the android market. No doubt, I deleted all the previously installed apps before installing the .apk files of the same but now it looks like all these apps are not at all doing well. They sometimes make me to do a force close.

The .apk files are taken from the official site of android market and also they were installed properly so there is nothing wrong with them at all, the only thing I doubt is the previously existing files, however I deleted them completely but might be there are still some of their files existing in the phone that are actually conflicting with the currently installed apps. If this is really the case then I will have to really worry a lot because I am unable to still delete the previously installed files completely from my playbook.

This looks like you are pointing towards my old issue. I use to talk the same when I had this exact issue. Yes, I did had the same problem but fortunately I somehow managed to get rid of it. In my case there were only two apps that were creating issue, one was Google+ and another one was Gmail. When I noticed that these installed android apps were not doing well, I simply reinstalled them but still I was facing the same conflict issue. so I understood that there is something that I need to do within my phone and not with the apps that I installed. There were certain pre-deleted app’s files that were contradicting to my existing apps.

So I decided to delete the previously installed Google+ and Gmail from the phone complete, for that first I visited the following location i.e. /root/apps and guess what? I got some related files; I deleted them and then again tried to run the current android apps. Unluckily they were still conflicting. So I again went on for a search and visited almost every location and again ended up with a new path i.e. /root/data/data. Found a decent amount of related files deleted them and then again reinstalled both the apps from android market and rest is in front of you. I am happy with all happily working apps. I would expect you to do the same and get everything cleared in your phone. Always whenever you delete any app always remember that there are certain locations where somehow the related files stay and they has to be deleted all the way.