Thread: Can’t upgrade BlackBerry Curve 9380 to OS 7.1

Can’t upgrade BlackBerry Curve 9380 to OS 7.1

I am using BlackBerry Curve 9380 and it has in built OS version 6.7. I recently downloaded OS for Blackberry which was of version 7.1. I replaced the existing files of the developer with files of this new OS, that is, version 7.1. But my BlackBerry Curve 9380 was not updated. I thought that maybe my phone was unable to accept the OS version 7.1 was meant for some specific new phones. So I downloaded OS version 7.0, but it too failed to install in my BlackBerry Curve 9380. I asked my friend for help who has changed OS of his Blackberry phone before. He tried to access the device storage of the phone which was found to be locked. Is there any soft lock that is put on the device storage of BlackBerry Curve 9380? Or is the phone not allowing use to install a new operating system because the version I am trying to install is un-licensed? Can somebody tell me about it?

Re: Can’t upgrade BlackBerry Curve 9380 to OS 7.1

I don’t know what method you were using to update or install operating system in your BlackBerry Curve 9380, but if you use Desktop Manager, then you can update or install a new OS in your Blackberry phone easily. The new updated OS or update for OS will be seen in the Blackberry Desktop Manager as soon as it detects its presence in the specific folder in your computer. Installing new OS or updating the old one using Blackberry Desktop manager is safer as it takes backup of the old settings and preserves it. This helps in case of failure as one can restore the old working settings as a rollback process. You can try it out, but I don’t think that Blackberry has any issue with the unlicensed version of its operating system. I have heard many people doing it before and none of them faced any problems in past.

Re: Can’t upgrade BlackBerry Curve 9380 to OS 7.1

Since you are trying to install operating system in your Blackberry Curve 9380 that has not yet been officially launched. Usually after an operating system is launched, various tests are done. Many users find various errors and bugs in it that the developers might have failed to detect. But since the version you are using is leaked version, I don't think that errors and bugs have been officially notified. Thus there must be no possible solution if any problem due to glitch or bug occurs to your phone. If any bug or error affects your Blackberry Curve 9380, then the manufacturers won't be responsible for it. Also if your phone is under warranty, it will declare the warranty void due to your own alterations in the phone. I think you should wait for official release of this operating system or you should get it installed from some experienced person.