Thread: Dialer won’t give choice to use Skype on HTC Desire

Dialer won’t give choice to use Skype on HTC Desire

I am using HTC Desire and yesterday I installed Skype in my phone. Now when I try to call someone I am not getting any kind of option which asks if I want to call via Skype of directly from Phone. As I saw this features in my friends phone. When he calls someone it gives a pop-up saying from where you would like to call. So please help me out to solve this problem.

Re: Dialer won’t give choice to use Skype on HTC Desire

I too was having a problem with my HTC Wildfire S and skype, but little strange. When I installed Skype and tried to call any of my contacts, it won’t give any pop-up or something it directly connects via Skype. That means i was not able to call via dialer. I even uninstalled Skype and checked for any kind of setting i missed to change but I did't found any thing. When I installed Skype again it asked me to Sync my Skype with the contact in my phone so I did that and now when I call any person it proms me to call via Skype or normal Dialer. I think you should also try and reinstall Skype. Hope that can help you out.

Once in start when I had Installed Skype in my smartphone, I got this problem but somehow I was able to solve it by going to manage application from Home menu and than select the "phone" app and reset it to defaults. And after that when I tried calling it prompt me asking from where to call (Skype or Dialer). Try this out it should solve your problem.

Hey guys thank you for your replies. My problem is solved after re-installing the Skype. Also I went to manage and set phone to default then also no use but again after sometime when i was doing something suddenly a pop-up comes saying Skype had some problem and you need to Force close it. And after doing that when I tried to call it asked me saying from where to call Skype or normal Dialer. I don’t know how did it happen but now I am happen that my problem is solved.