Thread: Nintendo Wii sensor bar cord broken

Nintendo Wii sensor bar cord broken

While doing some work with tangled cords around my T.V. i heard some kind of noise. So I just saw around to find out what was it and after doing some research I came to know that the sound which had came was of my Wii sensor bar cord. I guess it is broken. Now i dont know how to fix. Could you guys help me out for the same ??

Re: Nintendo Wii sensor bar cord broken

I was also having the same problem as you are having. In my case it was my pet (cat) who chewed the wire. So I required to order a new Nintendo that took almost 4-5 days to get delivered but you can try to fix this by just attaching the wires as there you would find 2 different color wires. One would be red color and the other would be copper color. You will have to attach both as red to red and copper to copper. And make it sure that both the wires do not touch each other by any chance.

Re: Nintendo Wii sensor bar cord broken

I was also having this problem but mine was a very thin cable break which use to go to sensor bar. So I was without the sensor bar. And if I would have given my Wii to the Service center they would have charged me. So instead of that I would solve this problem myself. And after doing some research I came to know that it can be done and I tried that method and it was successful for me.

• 9 volt wireless battery
    • Solder
    • Iron Soldering
    • Electric Tape
    • Wire Strippers

Step 1: Remove the plastic cover from the wire going to the sensor bar. In that you will see two small wires which are really very difficult to solder as they are really very small.
    Step 2: Then you will have to remove the power supply and remove the plastic from the end of both the wires.
    Step 3: Now shoulder both the wires properly.
    Step 4: Now after you have soldered the wired just connect the battery and then test it. As you would see a bright spot on both the sides of the sensor bar than means you have done it properly.
    Step 5: Now if it is working then just tie some electrical tapes carefully so that both the wire do not touch each other.