Thread: Best way to protect save data of Nintendo Wii which needs to be repaired

Best way to protect save data of Nintendo Wii which needs to be repaired

Hello friends I am having Wii and me and my bro love to play games on that but I am having some kind of problem now a days as my Wii does not read all the CDs. Many times it reads but few times it wont. I thought it was the matter of cleaning the lens of Wii so I bought a lens cleaning kit and cleaned the lens of my Wii but still the same thing. So finally I am planning to give my Wii to the service center to solve the problem but before giving that I would like to know if it is safe to take backup in the SD card or should I keep the backup in the system itself. I am asking this because my Wii is now no more in warranty and if there would be a major problem I would tell them to replace it. But I do not want to lose any data from my Wii.

Re: Best way to protect save data of Nintendo Wii which needs to be repaired

As per me I think both the things are the same if you keep your data in the SD card or you keep your data on your system as if you have keep your data on your system and the service center guys replaces your Wii they will take all the data from your old Wii and transfer it to your new Wii. And if you have kept your data in the SD card you can get all the data as it is when you insert the card in your new Wii.

Re: Best way to protect save data of Nintendo Wii which needs to be repaired

Even i had very similar problem with my console, and sent it for repair. When I got my Wii back I came to know that they have replaced my Wii and gave me a new one. Good thing was i got all my data and games from my old Wii to the new one. But yeah, there was a problem with it as I was not able to edit my Wii. And I would also like to tell you that you can save all your data to the SD card but when you transfer it to your new Wii it won’t work properly as Wii does some kind of encryption for all your data and the encryption which is done is different for each Wii. So I would say if they do replace your Wii you won’t be able to use your SD card data.