Thread: LG Optimus Elite Wifi takes a little time to connect

LG Optimus Elite Wifi takes a little time to connect

Hey guys I am having a LG Optimus Elite and I am not having any serious issue with it but the phone is taking more time to connect to the Wifi at my home network. I have used other LG smartphones as well and they used to take some seconds to get connected to the wifi but LG Optimus Elite is taking more than 2 minutes for connecting. I have tried stopping the scanning and trying it again several times but it won’t let me connect before 2 minutes. I just wanted to know if this is an issue in my case or the Wifi connectivity of Optimus Elite is really poor.

re: LG Optimus Elite Wifi takes a little time to connect

I have checked about the same and I think that there is something wrong in your case. I have come across people who have mentioned that they are having LG Optimus Elite and they are able to connect to wifi within 5 seconds. Anyways I wanted to know that have you tried enabling DHCP ? Have you tried disabling SSID Broadcast? If not then try out the same and let me know if it is making any difference in your case. If that’s not helping then you can try using a static IP on Elite and that might help you to connect quickly as well just try out these things and post back the result you get for further help.

re: LG Optimus Elite Wifi takes a little time to connect

So after your suggestions I have tried enabling and disabling DHCP, I have tried out enabling and disabling SSID Broadcast for a while as well. Unfortunately they are not making any effect and the phone was still taking time to connect to the wifi. The only thing that helped me a bit was Using a static IP on Elite, I mean after that the phone gets connected to the wifi within a minute but not within 10 or 10 seconds as you have mentioned. Does that mean that there is something wrong with my phone?? Is there anything else that I can try out further? Or anything else that I need to check for making the wifi connectivity better? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

Re: LG Optimus Elite Wifi takes a little time to connect

Are you quite sure that there is nothing wrong with your home network?? I mean have you tested out the same with some other device?? If you don’t think that there is anything wrong with your home network then you can try out deleting the network and adding it again. You should also check out if there is any other WiFi connection that might be remembered by your phone and are not in use. If there are any such WiFi connections then delete them as they can cause unnecessary memory usage and causing such issues. If these things are not making any difference in your case then you can try out restoring your phone to its factory default and see if that’s helping you out. You can follow the below steps for restoring your phone to its factory default:
    From your home screen tap menu> Settings > Privacy > Factory Data Reset> Reset Phone
    You might have enter unlock Pattern, PIN or Password if you would have configured the same previously, so enter it and then Tap Erase everything to confirm and proceed with the further process.
    I just wanted to add that better backup your crucial data before trying out this process as they will be cleared once the phone gets reset to its factory defaults. Just try out the things that has have been mentioned here and let me know which one is appearing to be helping in your case.

Before I suggest you something I wanted to know how many devices are connected to your network?? If there are multiple then try reducing them to one or two and see if your LG Optimus Elite is getting connected immediately or not. If it is still taking more time then try disconnecting all the other devices just to check what response you are getting after that. Some isp do have limitation for their network, so if you are already having some devices connected to your home network then adding new devices can face some issue. I also wanted to know how is the wifi working after you get connected are you facing connection drop outs later?? Just let me know these things so that I can have a better idea of your case and will try to help you with the same.

I am having three other devices connected to the network and I don’t think that there should be any issues as such, they all are working fine and gets connected to the wifi immediately within seconds and I have not yet faced any thing like that with them. I have tried reducing the number of devices on the network and have tried disconnecting them all as well but I don’t think that’s making any difference as the phone still take about a minute to get connected. I am not having any problem after it gets connected and have not faced connection drop out as well. The problem is with the time that it is taking to connect, I have tried rebooting the phone several times and have rebooted the router as well but these things are not helping in my case. Other than all this I have just now restored my phone to its factory default after taking the backup but I am still not having any luck with it. I think there is some issue with my phone, I will better get it checked.