Thread: Which is better between Nikon L180 and Nikon P500

Which is better between Nikon L180 and Nikon P500

Was thinking to buy a new Camera but after doing some research I am stuck with these two models Nikon L180 and Nikon P500. Now as this would be my first digital camera with Nikon brand, I would like to know which of these will be better ??

Also if anyone is using this camera personally please let me know something about both these camera. Thanks

Re: Which is better between Nikon L180 and Nikon P500

Nikon CoolPix L180 is a very good Camera with good 16.1-megapixel and unbelievable 26x optical zoom lens with 3.0" high-resolution LCD screen. It allows you to record HD movie with one touch and stereo sound. It also has good Auto Mode and Smart Portrait System.

One more very good feature of this camera is Self timer. It is not a normal smile timer where you set time of about 10 seconds and camera clicks itself after that particular time. Here, if you activate this, the camera will capture image automatically only when you smile standing infront of the lenses. It also has n-Camera Red-Eye Fix which fixes the red eye images automatically. You can also take a 3D image and after that you can see it on any HDTV via optional HDMI cable. This camera needs 4 “AA” battery and it has a 50 Mb of internal memory that can be expanded by using SD or SDHC or SDXC memory card.

I would suggest you to go for Nikon CoolPix P500 because it has an impressive zoom with dual zoom. It has good looks, light weight with really compact body that gives you perfect grip. It also have Backside illuminated sensor and allows you to get good video recording because of its 1080p movie mode that too with optical zoom.

In addition there is AF-assist lamp which helps in capturing images in bright light. It can be charged by using USB so no need to carry a charger if you have your laptop with you. There are many more interesting features such as automatic panorama mode, Smart menu organization, Low light scene modes combine multiple shots. So in all it has almost all the features which a user required.

Hey, i am using Nikon Coolpix P500 from past 3 months and I love using this camera as it has really good features with 36x zoom. But there are few problems as well for example if you use 36x zoom you get very slow focusing. You cannot use additional lenses like other camera’s have. You also cannot add an external flash to this camera; it has a minimum shutter speed of 8s. But it’s ok. I still love to use this camera. I would also recommend you to check for Canon SX40hs that is also a great camera.