Thread: Kobo Touch vs Sony PRS-T1 e-reader

Kobo Touch vs Sony PRS-T1 e-reader

Hello guys. Am here just to know few suggestion and to decide which one should i buy between Kobo Touch an Sony PRS-T1 e-reader? If you had experience with either device then let me know about the same. Also give me brief idea why should purchase it? I request you to give suggestions based on aspects like price, usability, storing capacity.

Help appreciated.

Re: Kobo Touch vs Sony PRS-T1 e-reader

Well Kobo Touch has 6-inch touch screen display. It simply make use of Pearl Ink technology and navigation settings. Also this particular ebook reader is using zForce infrared touch technology.This particular technology gives you great experience with swipe page turning and advanced highlighting. In my opinion it’s a really nice device to use but there is very less storage capacity.You can use SD card of 1GB only. There are huge variety of fonts available that you can use. You can transfer data between computer and reader using USB cable. The navigation in ebook sounds great. Also zooming is working like charm. You can store around 30,000 books into expandable storage. This particular ebook is powered by I.MX508 800 MHz CPU. The screen is so nice that you can read anything on reader in direct sunlight.

I am using Sony PRS-T1 and loved its menu part . Most amazing part of the reader is its interface that gives a feeling of iPod Touch. Due to great touch screen interface you will be able to navigate between ebook pages quite easily. I recommend that you should go for Sony PRS-T1 due to great interface. However it is bit expensive as compared to other option that you had mentioned above.

In this particular situation I am pointing out some useful points of Kobo Touch and Sony PRS-T1 that you would like to know.

Kobo Touch.
    • It is less expensive and one can easily replace it if there is any defect on the device.
    • There are lots of options available for customization in terms of font size, margins, line spacing
    • There are no buttons available to turn page

Sony PRS-T1

• It is very light weight as compared to Kobo Touch.
    • User need to swipe to turn pages.
    • There are buttons available on reader that would allow you to turn page.
    • The interface is not so nice as compared to other one.
    • Last but not least it is expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by T.Y.K View Post
    Hello guys. Am here just to know few suggestion and to decide which one should i buy between Kobo Touch an Sony PRS-T1 e-reader? If you had experience with either device then let me know about the same. Also give me brief idea why should purchase it? I request you to give suggestions based on aspects like price, usability, storing capacity.

Help appreciated.
    Personally I would like to go for Sony PRS-T1. Why because it has physical button as well as touch screen interface . So I can navigate between pages by using both. Also on PRS-T1 reader , ebook management is really nice. I really loved to organize my ebook on my device.

I wanted to share experience of both ebook reader over here. I already had Sony PRS T1 but I was not happy with it. Reading experience was so uncomfortable since contrast was not expected. The reflective shine of the plastic was not allowing to read books comfortably as well. it was really frustrating experience with this particular book reader.

Hence I switched to Kobo. I had great time with the same. I found that refresh is working quite quicker than that of Sony. It is light weighted and touchscreen of the device is working like charm. Only the draw back i can say with this is its limitation of SD card. I think those issue would be fixed after installing software update on the device. but still I recommend to go for Kobo.

There are some features which I wanted to talk about Sony PRS-T1. Using this particular tool you will be able to download ebooks from Dropbox. Also you can download books from RSS book websites. For this particular purpose sony has provided web browser. Second thing that I loved with reader is word highlighting. Well it allows to access Google or Wikipedia through highlighted word. After that you will get back to reading.