Thread: How to unlock or debrand HTC Titan II

How to unlock or debrand HTC Titan II

I have received HTC Titan II as a birthday gift and I am just loving it. I am not having any issues with the same but I just wanted to know if it is possible to unlock or debrand this phone. If yes then how? I don’t have much idea about all these things and I have not yet tried them out. So if it is possible then can anyone guide me through the required workaround? I also wanted to know the advantage and disadvantage of unlocking such smartphones. Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: How to unlock or debrand HTC Titan II

I think that I can help you out here as I have recently unlocked my HTC Titan II. If you are not aware of the unlocking things then I will like to inform you that you need a code for carrying out the unlocking task. You can get the unlock code from third party side as well as from your customer service center. I prefer cellphoneunlocker because they provide the code at cheap price with 24/7 Support Contact and they even provide 100% Money Back Guarantee. Anyways after getting the code you just have to follow the below step:
    First Insert a non-accepted simcard and turn on the phone, when you get a message saying “this sim card can only be used on specific networks. Contact your customer service center for the unlock code’ then using keypad enter the code where it says “Enter PIN” below the message and press the “enter” button. After that the phone will restart and will be unlocked.
    This process is quite easy and you don’t need any kind of technical experience. The phone will be permanently unlocked and even after updates the Warranty of the phone will not be voided. Just try it out and feel free to ask if you have any further issues with the process. Hope that helps.

Yes that’s the process of unlocking but the above solution has missed out something. Actually if you are getting the code form cellphoneunlocker site then you have to enter 15 digit IMEI code with the information of the Network provider to which your phone might be locked. If you want then you can check out the IMEI code either by opening the phone and checking it out behind the battery or simply press *#06# to get the code displayed on the phone screen. You just have to make a note of the same and enter these information to get the unlock code. After filling out the required information you will receive the unlock code via email from cellphoneunlocker. So once you get the code you can carry out the above steps for the unlocking your HTC Titan II. Hope that helps.

As far as the advantage and disadvantage of unlocking such smartphones is concerned I don’t think that there is any disadvantage doing that until you are willing to switch to other carrier. Mostly people unlock their phones when they are not satisfied with the carrier they are locked to. So if you are amongst the ones then you should not worry about anything. I know there are rumors saying that unlocking the phone might be negatively affecting the functionality of the phone but it is really not like that. With an unlocked phone you have the greatest choice of carriers and you can get their best plans as well according to your need rather than sticking to the network you are locked to and accepting the offer you might be getting with less choice in plans. Hope it is clear to you know why people prefer unlocking phone these days.