Thread: Acer Aspire 8735G overheats even after replacing cooling compounds

Acer Aspire 8735G overheats even after replacing cooling compounds

I have been using Acer Aspire 8735G and I did not had any issues with it till now but I don’t know what went wrong with the same and have found that it is getting overheated. I have tried out doing basic trouble shooting like clearing the fan and applying thermal compound as well but it is not making any difference in my case. I don’t know what to do and I am really running out of ideas by now. Is there anything that I can try out further? Is there any workaround that I can try out?? Any help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

Re: Acer Aspire 8735G overheats even after replacing cooling compounds

You have not mentioned the condition in which your laptop is getting overheated. Will you elaborate your issue in detail so that I can have a better idea of what you are facing and will try to help you with the same. From when are you using the laptop? I am asking so as I have come across some people who were facing overheating with their Acer Aspire 8735G after using it for a year and so and some of them had solved out the issue after upgrading their processor. So if it has been a long time using your laptop and you are willing to upgrade then you might solve out the overheating issue as well. Else you can try out getting a cooling pad and check out if it is helping to control the heat or not. There are some good cheap ones so you can probably get one of your choices. I also wanted to know whether you have just applied thermal paste to the cpu or gpu as well. To avoid overheating in laptop you need to apply thermal compound to both of them. If you want then you can just Google out “Applying Thermal Compound to a Laptop CPU and GPU” and check out some videos on youtube, you will get a better idea of applying the cooling compounds.

Hey thanks for that, I have been using the laptop for more than 16 months but I really did not had this issue before. Anyways I had applied thermal compound to the cpu and not the gpu but after checking out the tutorial I have now applied thermal compound to both and it is still not making much difference. The laptop gets turn off when it is used for more than 30 or 45 minutes. I mostly face this issue when I am playing games, it does not happen while carrying out other task. I am quite sure that the laptop gets turned off because of overheating. Changing the processor itself will cost more and I am not willing to invest that much in this laptop. You have mentioned something about the cooling pad, I have checked them out and have found a number of them to be available. I just wanted to know can they really be helpful in such cases?? I have not yet come across anyone using this but I think that I can give it a try rather than updating the cpu. Which will be the best cooling pad, can you recommend me a couple of them so that I can make my choice accordingly?? Any further help regarding the same will be highly appreciated.

As far as cooling pad is concerned you can get any one from the below ones.
    iGo Arctic Laptop Cooling Pad :

Features:
    • It has a Movable and light weight fan so that it can be placed directly under the laptop
    • You don’t need to have batteries as it is USB powered, it has a High speed fan for maximizing the cooling effect.
    • It has light and open inner design along with Built-in dampening feature.
    • It comes with Hidden Micro USB port and an integrated cable management.

Thermaltake Massive23 LX Laptop Notebook Cooler

Features:
    • It has an oversized 230mm ultra-quiet fan along with blue LEDs for removing the heat from the laptop.
    • It comes with switch for Built-in fan as well as the LED light.
    • It can be carried anywhere you want because of its Handles design.
    • It has Hidden storage space for storing USB cable, pen drives, etc.
    • It does not need batteries as it has a USB connector.