Thread: Data connection doesn’t work even after having full reception in Htc TITAN II

Data connection doesn’t work even after having full reception in Htc TITAN II

I have recently bought an Htc TITAN II and I did not had any issue with the same by now. Today I have found when I am in an area where reception is not good and enter a full reception area suddenly then the data connection stops working. I know my issue is weird and I am not able to track out the cause of the same. Can this be an issue with the mobile? The issue goes away when I reboot the phone but it is irritating me and I want to get rid of this issue, is there anything I can try out here??

Re: Data connection doesn’t work even after having full reception in Htc TITAN II

There are possibilities that there might be some issue with the phone but I doubt it to be your isp. Since you have mentioned that the issue is getting solved after restarting the phone I will suggest you to better contact your isp and address then the issue you are facing along with the solutions you have tried so far and check out what they say about it. If it is an issue form their side then they might be aware of it and will help you out with the same. Just to cross check you can try using the same sim in some other phone and see if you are facing the same issue there or it works fine. If it works then something is wrong in the phone and we can try out some further trouble shooting and if it does not then it is surely some problem from the your isp side. Just check out what I have suggested and let me know what you get for further help.

Re: Data connection doesn’t work even after having full reception in Htc TITAN II

I have checked about the same and have found people having such issues with other phones as well. The solutions that are working out form them is either rebooting the phone or turning airplane mode on off. As far as this issue is concerned it is not yet clear if this is cause by the phone or the sim, I mean some people have mentioned that they had same issue and after contacting their isp their isp’s they were suggested to changer the sim. So changing the sim card has helped them out in that case where as some people have mentioned that this issue is not with the sim and they have solved it out by replacing the phone. If you want to narrow down the cause of the issue in your case then a better idea will be changing the sim after contacting your isp and if that’s not helping then you will probably have to replace the phone. I have not yet found any other workaround for fixing this. I will suggest you to go with these options and see if you are able to get rid of this issue. Best of luck.

Before I suggest you something about this I just wanted to know are you able to make call, send text message etc after switching from no reception to full reception?? If you are not having any issue in making call and sending text then I would think that this is an issue with the phone itself and not the sim. You can very well cross check out with your isp as suggested to you and test out the sim as well but I am quite sure that this is getting caused by something wrong in your phone. Have you contacted you isp? I will like to know what they might have said.

So I have now finally narrowed down the issue in my case, I think that you were right this issue is with the phone. I just wanted to share that I had contacted my isp and had addressed them the issue I was facing along with the solution. In the start they simply said that there is nothing wrong from their side and they have not yet received similar complain. When I asked them whether replacing the sim will work in this case, then they said you can try that out and nothing else. I have not yet replaced the sim but I have simply tested out the phone in other phone and likely I am not having any such issue there. So there is something wrong with the phone right?? Correct me if I am wrong.