Thread: Theft Aware app activated on nokia and after a restart, it is deducting money from my account

Theft Aware app activated on nokia and after a restart, it is deducting money from my account

I brought Nokia N8 Symbian mobile phone few days ago. It is really nice device and working fine but I am feeling insecure for theft and lost of phone because I lost my Nokia C5 last month.

One of my friend suggested me to install the Theft Aware Application and I did it. After installing application suddenly 3 rupees got deducted from my account. It happens every time i reboot my mobile. One more problem is that the application is invisible on my phone. i mean i cannot see it anywhere in the installed applications.

It is also not visible in application manager hence i am not able to uninstall it as well. Anyone have any idea about how to remove Theft Aware from My Nokia N8 ? Please help.

Re: Theft Aware app activated on nokia and after a restart, it is deducting money from my account

I also got this problem in my Android phone after installing Theft Aware App 2.0. It deducts some money from my account at every Restart. I tried to uninstall the application from my phone but similar to your case it was not visible on my phone as well. I searched on internet about this problem and fortunately got a solution.

Actually you need to enter your mobile security code to make the application visible, Thats the security feature of this app. You will even get access to uninstall the app after dialing the security code. Try it out. It will help.

Re: Theft Aware app activated on nokia and after a restart, it is deducting money from my account

Quote Originally Posted by Donatien View Post

Actually you need to enter your mobile security code to make the application visible, Thats the security feature of this app. You will even get access to uninstall the app after dialing the security code. Try it out. It will help.
    Thank you for your reply. But here i got one more new problem. As you said we need security code to uninstall, am unable to recall my security code. I dont remember it. Even I don’t remember if I set the secure code or not. Do you have any other solution for this problem.

If you haven't set or changed your security code ever, than it should be 0000, because this is the default code for all Nokia smartphones. Just try entering the same and see if your application gets visible.

If it wont work than the only way to save your 3 rps daily is to FORMAT your device completely. But before that you should try restoring the device to default factory settings. This will prevent losing your data. But still for security reasons, first backup your important datas like contact, messages, notes etc. And dial *#7380# for Factory default settings. If that doesn't helps, simply go for the Hard Reset as you dont have any other choice.

Here are the steps for Hard Reset:
    • Dial *#7370# from your Nokia Phone
    • Dialog Box Appears to insert the security Code.
    • Enter the 12345 as Default security code.
    • Press yes as confirmation of reset setting.

Hello,

I'm from the Theft Aware support team and would like to clarify something.

>It deducts some money from my account at every Restart.

actually theft aware is designed to be an anti-theft app. if a sim card change occurs, while theft aware is activated, it thinks that the device is stolen and a thief just changed the sim card. therefor he sends a sms (which only costs what your carrier charges) with the current position every time you start the phone.

to stop continuous updates you only need to open theft aware once. the currently inserted sim will be added to the trusted simcards list.

to open Theft Aware dial your pin like a phone number. you created the pincode on installing theft aware (4-6 digits, only numbers).

To uninstall Theft Aware open it, deactivate Theft Aware and now you see Theft Aware in the list of your apps and can uninstall it.
    If you think you already uninstalled it - but it still seems to be on the phone please install this package on your
    phone: dl.dropbox.com/u/27553331/RescueFile.sis - this will give you an icon in the app
    menu again with which you can launch Theft Aware. Then deactivate Theft Aware and uninstall it.

As we don't support the Symbian version any more I need to ask you to consult our manual available at dl.dropbox.com/u/27553331/TheftAwareSymbian%202_00_User_Guide_English.pdf if you need further help.
    Give it a try – it’s short and easy to understand! 99% of all questions are already answered and can be found with a quick google search.

Werner