Thread: Can’t change default stock Android browser to Opera in Lenovo IdeaPad tablet

Can’t change default stock Android browser to Opera in Lenovo IdeaPad tablet

Right now I am having a Lenovo IdeaPad tablet from past couple of days. I am looking to make Opera as default browser on my tablet as i use the same as my default web browser on my PCs and laptops as well. But am not able to do the same. Whenever i click any url, it opens with the default browser provided into Android.

I tried doing it in my Android smartphone and it got changed successfully, than whats the problem with my ideapad ? Any help to resolve the matter will be highly appreciated.

Re: Can’t change default stock Android browser to Opera in Lenovo IdeaPad tablet

Looking at the situation I recommend following things which you can try:
    1. Tap on Manage Application, search for All option. Over there see for Browser and tap on clear defaults.
    2. If it does not work for you, simply try to open a link, Select Opera when it prompts with ‘what to open with’.
    3. If it does not work for you then I am suspecting that there could be an issue with operating system itself.

Re: Can’t change default stock Android browser to Opera in Lenovo IdeaPad tablet

I recommend you to use Default App Manager. This particular app allows you to set or reset default application that are running on the system. It is useful for the people who had installed number of applications on their Android devices. I am posting below some essential features of above mentioned app that you would like to know.

• It generates categorized list along with default application.
    • it prompts with suitable application that can be used with a particular category. It is very simple to set and clear default for any applications, since it has very user friendly UI.
    • Also it is able to remember which app was used as default for a particular category so there is no need to remember about previous defaults.

You should consider following thing:
    USE BY DEFAULT ICON checkbox should be checked before set up default application. If you don’t do the same then app will not be set as default. After that application would launch. To check and verify whether it is set as default or not ,get into Default App Manager.